Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coaching changes

Need to fill 3 spots right now. Corners, D Line and RBs

A belated congratulations to Doug Phillips for his HC gig at Youngstown St.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Marcus Freeman got an offer to be DC at MSU under Mel Tucker and declined. MSU now 0-2
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I wish there was a coaching/poaching hiring freeze, similar to recruiting dead periods. No job switching after signing day until 1st game of the year. Promotions, interim coaches, and signing those unemployed not on a coaching staff is allowable
      Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
        Marcus Freeman got an offer to be DC at MSU under Mel Tucker and declined. MSU now 0-2
        How great would it be to get them on the schedule next year?

Comment

It will be interesting to see if Fickell talks to any of the Msu assistants not retained. He has some history with them, and we have related vacancies.

Comment

Originally posted by coach View Post
            It will be interesting to see if Fickell talks to any of the Msu assistants not retained. He has some history with them, and we have related vacancies.
            Interesting indeed. I know there is a trickle down effect where assist. coaches move after the coaching carousel stops. Which MSU assistants would be a good fit?

Originally posted by Gilenerm View Post

How great would it be to get them on the schedule next year?
            Unless they make a high level Bowl Game, then I it won't happen. Maybe in the next 5 years, but I don't think they would accept any proposals.
            Last edited by red_n_black_attack; 02-18-2020, 01:37 PM.
            Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Something to keep an eye on - Chuck Bullough was a very solid DE/DL coach at Michigan State and its not certain if he'll be retained by Mel Tucker. His son Max Bullough is currently a grad assistant on Cincinnati's staff. One of MSU's top defensive linemen, Jacub Panasiuk is threatening to transfer if Bullough isn't retained. Curious if Chuck would have an interest in joining his son at Cincinnati and could bring Panasiuk with him.

https://247sports.com/Article/Jacub-...ugh-143880132/

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X