Offseason articles 2020

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offseason articles 2020

Justin Williams interviews Mike Denbrock on the offense for next year. ($)

https://theathletic.com/1580245/2020...r-mike-warren/
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

With Fickell from Jan 27. ($)

https://theathletic.com/1564254/2020...cats-football/
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Great interview with Denbrock! I hate it when coaches say a player has to "get healthy". Coaches need to work with the medical staff and ensure the player is getting the right treatments and doesn't come back too soon. I get that football is a toughness sport, like that nut TE for San Fran playing with a torn labium. It is on the coach to not risk putting a player in practice until the player is ready. Part of that is the coach setting the expectation to the medical staff what that means. It is not simply is said player healthy enough to produce. Setting the expectation that a player is fully healthy/recovered versus his 75% is better than 100% of replacement is not in the best interest of the kid/player. I get that it's a tough game and and short season, but those are two reasons to get fully healthy before a return or use medical redshirt. This applied to allowing Desmond to play after getting his shoulder damaged in the Ohio State game too. The coaches are responsible for the team performance as well as the future career/life of the kids and need to work with medical differently than in the past.
      Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Makes for an interesting discussion. I guess the question I would have is what it means to be "fully healthy"? How is that defined? Who decides? How can you really determine 100% vs 95%? Is 95% significantly better/worse than 90%?

Sure, there will be some tangible measurements - such as range of motion on an injured joint. But the majority of cases are essentially opinions.

I am not disagreeing with your premise. But I am not sure how it would/could be implemented. The "tough sport and short season" are not to blame. But they do put additional pressure on the urgency of decision making.

Comment

Doug Phillips our rb coach is leaving to become the head coach at Youngstown State. Good for him.

Comment

Luke's first branch of the coaching tree?
            Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X