Jerome Ford Transfer RB commit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerome Ford Transfer RB commit

We picked a commitment from Jerome Ford, formerly of Alabama. Ford was a 4 star RB out of Florida in HS. He redshirted after 4 games last year and only played in 4 this season as well. What that means for him in regards to sitting out a year are to be determined.

I can’t imagine that he won’t file for a transfer waiver.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

https://twitter.com/BearcatJournal/s...56989551669248

What a great get by Luke Fickell.

Comment

Good job Luke Fickell and staff

Comment

He will need the waiver to play next year. Has 3 years to play 3
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Seems like a solid addition to an already impressive backfield. Welcome, Jerome!

Comment

Here is his profile on 247. It looks like we had recruited him in the 2018 cycle. He got to see some playing time in a few games early in his time with Alabama. Looks like he has good speed and quick moves. If he ends up eligible, it will be a good fit with the backfield next year. I'd be interested to see how this ends with the recruitment of one Corey Kiner. I have a feeling they will continue to keep a rotation of running backs going forward with the amount of talent they keep bringing in at the position.
            Jerome Ford is a 5-11, 195-pound All Purpose Back from Tampa, FL

Comment

Originally posted by BearcatJon View Post
              Good job Luke Fickell and staff
              Also greased no doubt by Warren II going into the draft.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilenerm View Post
                Here is his profile on 247. It looks like we had recruited him in the 2018 cycle. He got to see some playing time in a few games early in his time with Alabama. Looks like he has good speed and quick moves. If he ends up eligible, it will be a good fit with the backfield next year. I'd be interested to see how this ends with the recruitment of one Corey Kiner. I have a feeling they will continue to keep a rotation of running backs going forward with the amount of talent they keep bringing in at the position.
                To me this move may not affect Kiner's decision or shouldn't. What will probably affect Kiner's decision is that he was friends with Warren and now Warren's gone.

He's basically filling the class spot left open by Tavion Thomas' transfer. If he gets a waiver, great. If not, it'll balance the RB classes out the way they were previously.
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Looks like Fords waiver has been granted. Not sure who reported it first.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Here's an article from 247sports.com that quotes Chad Brendel confirming Ford's immediate eligibility:

https://247sports.com/Article/Jerome...ati-144258136/

Comment

If he is is good as his ratings, UC should be loaded in the backfield for the 2020 season. Pretty exciting stuff.

Comment

If you were worried about all the movement in the RB room, this is a reason to get unworried
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

why did he leave Alabama' I found this on the web -- Alabama’s leading rusher in 2019, Najee Harris, is expected to leave early for the 2020 NFL Draft, although that isn’t yet official. The second- and third-leading rushers, Brian Robinson Jr. (441 yards) and Keilan Robinson (254), will return.

Trey Sanders, a five-star 2019 signee who suffered a season-ending injury during summer camp, is expected back healthy for spring practice. Additionally, the Tide has already added two four-star 2020 running backs as early enrollees and a three-star who has signed but won’t be on campus until summer.
                          Last edited by leo from jersey; 02-26-2020, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Leo, I saw that when the transfer happened. Total numbers game and Harris did not stay in the draft
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post
                              If he is is good as his ratings, UC should be loaded in the backfield for the 2020 season. Pretty exciting stuff.
                              Very few RB are head and shoulders above the others at creating space. There are very few Barry Sanders/ Adrien Peterson/Le'Veon Bell type players that can get positive yardage behind a porous O-line. I am excited for the running game, because of all of these reasons:

1. The O-line will be much better with Hudson and experience.
                              2. RB's have speed and power once they hit the initial holes.
                              3. The passing game cannot be ignored with healthy Ridder, and receiving corps. If Ridder gets beat out (unlikely in my opinion, but if it happens) then this is even scarier for the defenses. The opposing teams will not be able to stuff the running lanes.
                              4. Doaks/McClelland/Montgomery were enough for me to be positive that Warren can be replaced. Add in Ford/Wright and the RB situation will be loaded with talent

Side note - Mike Warren is a smart player who hits the holes with power/speed that is rare for his size. He will make a team very happy in the NFL. No individual player on this roster is as good as it would've been to have Warren for senior year, but the position stats may be better in 2020.
                              Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X