Jerome Ford Transfer RB commit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerome Ford Transfer RB commit

We picked a commitment from Jerome Ford, formerly of Alabama. Ford was a 4 star RB out of Florida in HS. He redshirted after 4 games last year and only played in 4 this season as well. What that means for him in regards to sitting out a year are to be determined.

I can’t imagine that he won’t file for a transfer waiver.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

https://twitter.com/BearcatJournal/s...56989551669248

What a great get by Luke Fickell.

Comment

Good job Luke Fickell and staff

Comment

He will need the waiver to play next year. Has 3 years to play 3
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Seems like a solid addition to an already impressive backfield. Welcome, Jerome!

Comment

Here is his profile on 247. It looks like we had recruited him in the 2018 cycle. He got to see some playing time in a few games early in his time with Alabama. Looks like he has good speed and quick moves. If he ends up eligible, it will be a good fit with the backfield next year. I'd be interested to see how this ends with the recruitment of one Corey Kiner. I have a feeling they will continue to keep a rotation of running backs going forward with the amount of talent they keep bringing in at the position.
            Jerome Ford is a 5-11, 195-pound All Purpose Back from Tampa, FL

Comment

Originally posted by BearcatJon View Post
              Good job Luke Fickell and staff
              Also greased no doubt by Warren II going into the draft.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilenerm View Post
                Here is his profile on 247. It looks like we had recruited him in the 2018 cycle. He got to see some playing time in a few games early in his time with Alabama. Looks like he has good speed and quick moves. If he ends up eligible, it will be a good fit with the backfield next year. I'd be interested to see how this ends with the recruitment of one Corey Kiner. I have a feeling they will continue to keep a rotation of running backs going forward with the amount of talent they keep bringing in at the position.
                To me this move may not affect Kiner's decision or shouldn't. What will probably affect Kiner's decision is that he was friends with Warren and now Warren's gone.

He's basically filling the class spot left open by Tavion Thomas' transfer. If he gets a waiver, great. If not, it'll balance the RB classes out the way they were previously.
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X