Mike Warren II declares for the draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Warren II declares for the draft

Mike tweeted that he was leaving about 15 minutes ago. Huge news. Not sure what kind of draft evaluation he got but it must have been good.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Good for him! He will do well at the next level no matter how much he will be missed.

This is likely a big surprise to Tavion Thomas
    Last edited by red_n_black_attack; 01-10-2020, 10:19 PM.
    Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
      Mike tweeted that he was leaving about 15 minutes ago. Huge news. Not sure what kind of draft evaluation he got but it must have been good.
      Has shown everything he needed to. I don’t think he could of improved his draft stock anymore at this point. He is who he is. Didn’t wanna keep getting hit for free lol.

Comment

Doaks, McClellan and Montgomery should do a decent job of making up for this. Hopefully, Warren gets on a quality team that needs a running back.

Comment

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post
          Doaks, McClellan and Montgomery should do a decent job of making up for this. Hopefully, Warren gets on a quality team that needs a running back.
          Don’t forget about Ethan Wright dude put up NUMBERS throughout his high school career.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
            He might improve his draft position by returning. On the other hand, RB's typically have shorter careers than other positions, so getting paid for an extra year may make sense. Hopefully he'll return and finish his degree when football ends.

Comment

Wow I was looking forward to him having a great year. However I think he will do well on the pros. Good luck Michael

Comment

I believe he is the first UC FB player to ever declare early for the draft. I heard he would be likely a NFL day 3 pick, but I do wish him well, and thank him for all he did for UC football!

B.C.
                "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat Chris View Post
                  I believe he is the first UC FB player to ever declare early for the draft. I heard he would be likely a NFL day 3 pick, but I do wish him well, and thank him for all he did for UC football!

B.C.
                  He is the first player to leave early here. For me, I understand his logic in going into the draft. He wasn't going to magically get better if he stayed and he didn't have anything left to prove. He's been running behind a patchwork and bad O-line for the last two years and still putting up numbers. The only thing he would have gained by staying is a degree and more mileage on his body. RBs have short careers in the NFL as it is.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

($) https://theathletic.com/1526362/2020...ll-time-great/
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Can't blame a guy for going and monetizing his abilities. The NFL minimum salary will land him in the 1% of income earners. If he's smart with the earnings, even the league minimum for a few years is a heck of a start to post-college life. Sure Bearcats fans will miss him. I heard an announcer during a game this past season say he had never fumbled in his college career. Very impressive.

Doaks proved he is a worthy successor. UC should be in good shape with him.
                      "In the morning he would read the Bible with another coach. Then, in the afternoon, he would go out and cheat kids who had probably saved up money from mowing lawns to buy those raffle tickets. That's Jim Tressel." - former colleague to Jim Tressel as quoted in Sports Illustrated.

Comment

Justin Williams at the Athletic has a nice interview with Mike here ($)

https://theathletic.com/1526883/2020...nd-nfl-future/
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Can MW pull his name out of the draft & play next year?

Comment

I think you can as long as you do not hire and agent.

Comment

Great for Mike! This team will miss him at RB, but more so miss him for who he is and was to the team off the field. His toughness will be missed! Looking at this team next year, there are plenty of proven backs that can step up. There is also some young talent that can grow into roles on this team.

I was looking forward to him going for the team record in total yards. Thought he had a chance at it, but now we'll never know. Good luck to you in the draft and with your new team!

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X