Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on Birmingham Bowl Victory!

1. UC looked great!!

2. BC looked horrible, but with their coach gone, and leading rusher not playing--still UC would have easily won w/ him playing.

3. Did Lorenz Metz play?

4. James Hudson is the real deal.

5. I would redshirt Prater new year, as Ridder looked very solid today. Great game by Michael Warren too.

6. Perhaps the best UC performance this year. Glad the lightning stopped, so we could get the game in. Still, glad I did not go.

B.C.
    "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Solid win & total domination. We will be stacked for next year with the top rated recruiting class in AAC. Top 20 again next year.

Comment

I thought it was groovy.

Comment

Congrats to CLF & his staff. They did a great job again this year.

Comment

The Cats played great and the Eagles didn't care. Just after the lightning delay, Dan Hoard passed along a report from Justin Williams of The Athletic that the BC staff went to the refs and wanted to cancel the game. Fickell and our new AD, John Cunningham, stood firm and said UC would stay to finish if it took all night.

BC had 6 "drives" that garnered no more than one yard. They crossed midfield twice, once against a mixed squad late. They had 5 all-ACC linemen, some on the first team. The Cats shoved them around the entire game.

Comment

Ridder looked healthy and only a few penalties (how many?).

Comment

Originally posted by SawyerHall68 View Post
              Ridder looked healthy and only a few penalties (how many?).
              I was thinking the same thing as I was watching it. This had to be the least penalized game of the season for the Bearcats... sure enough 2 penalties (vs 4 for BC).

Comment

I thought it was a good win, over a lesser team in B.C. ..... To me, it was a slap in the face for UC having to play a 6-6 Team in the Birmingham Bowl! We lose two very close games to Memphis and we get Boston College after a solid season! So we play an over-matched team that never had a chance! You would have thought / hoped UC could have been paired up with another Top 20 Team? I personally would have preferred a more competitive game against a team with an above 500 record....

Hopefully next year we get it done, and play in a meaningful Bowl Game!

Comment

I have heard we were offered the Liberty Bowl but declined since we had been there for 2 consecutive weeks.

Comment

I am hesitant to post this, since I remember the excitement as a fan in seeing UC play in the 1997 Humanitarian Bowl. Although yesterday's game was further evidence that there are too many bowl games, and the bar should be raised from 6 wins to be bowl eligible. Boston College was not a good team.

Yes - I did enjoy watching UC dominate. But I also would have preferred an actual game to watch.

Comment

Personally i like watching Bearcat Blowouts. I'm wondering how good Tre Tucker can be if he learns how to catch and hold the football. Offensive line will be much better next year and the running attack will be just as punishing. Replacing Young and Wright won't be easy. Looking forward to 2020 season and an AAC title!

Comment

Post mortem articles:

Athletic ($): https://theathletic.com/1506216/2020...n-a-high-note/

Enquirer: https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...ll/2745987001/

GoBearcats: https://gobearcats.com/news/2020/1/3...-bowl-win.aspx

Boston Globe ($): https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/c...pQK/story.html

Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Despite the offensive numbers in the running game, my game ball goes to Bryan Wright who had an amazing game last night. He was a wrecking crew all night! Constantly hitting guys in the backfield, breaking up passes, BIG hits and a recovered fumble. Congrats to him on an awesome career at UC and what a way to finish it out! I'm really going to miss him next year.

Comment

I think the real jewel of this season has been he defensive line. BC's offensive line they were saying the pregame had all 5 guys on the all ACC squad be it first, second or hmention. Our young guys blew them up. For a question mark heading into they year, they became our strength.

Comment

Originally posted by coach View Post
                              I think the real jewel of this season has been he defensive line. BC's offensive line they were saying the pregame had all 5 guys on the all ACC squad be it first, second or hmention. Our young guys blew them up. For a question mark heading into they year, they became our strength.
                              I totally agree with this assessment. Its been a long time since I have seen that type domination over the course of the game. Our D-line was pancaking guys repeatedly. Was a beautiful sight! The best part? They are a young group. Going to fun to watch next year!

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X