Predictions for Birmingham Bowl!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Predictions for Birmingham Bowl!

I thought Memphis played Penn State reasonably well today, and we would’ve beat Memphis had those games been at Nippert. Here’s my prediction for the UC game against Boston College:

UC- 31
    BC- 17

B.C.

"A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

This is a hard one to predict. BC fired their coach, their QB & RB left and they eked out a bid at 6-6. On the other side, UC was that close to playing in Jerry World, but had to settle for a Thursday afternoon affair in Legion Field. Could the Cats play with a lack of interest? Personally, I don't think so. If Tubbs were still on the sidelines, sure. (Then again, UC wouldn't have ten wins.) Not with Fickell. I believe his players will come out full tilt.

Don't turn it over, stop the run, and run over the Eagles.

The line is about 7 in UC's favor. Sagarin Predictor says the line should be 5.

UC 24
    BC 20

Comment

I don't know if you guys have looked at the weather, but right now 1.2 inches of rain for Thursday in Birmingham per the early forecast. Likely a lot of running if that is the case. At least they have new turf at Legions Field.

https://www.cbs42.com/news/local/leg...-this-weekend/

Comment

Originally posted by coach View Post
        I don't know if you guys have looked at the weather, but right now 1.2 inches of rain for Thursday in Birmingham per the early forecast. Likely a lot of running if that is the case. At least they have new turf at Legions Field.

https://www.cbs42.com/news/local/leg...-this-weekend/
        Per accuweather.com, in addition to a 93% chance of rain, temps will be in the low-50's throughout the day.

Comment

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post

Per accuweather.com, in addition to a 93% chance of rain, temps will be in the low-50's throughout the day.
          AND you get to be in Birmingham!!! WOOHOO!

Comment

Originally posted by Gilenerm View Post

AND you get to be in Birmingham!!! WOOHOO!
            You might call it a Misera-Bowl.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Based on Twitter it looks like the team is lose & having fun. Hopefully that translates to a win.

UC 42
              BC 13

Comment

UC 31
                BC 21

I made this prediction before I saw its going to rain.. but I’m sticking to it.

anyone hear anything in regards to ticket sales for this one?

Comment

AJ Dillon said "screw it" and is declaring for the draft and will not play. He had 1,685 rushing yards at a 5.3 average. I would say our chances got better.

Comment

The forecast looks like it's off. No rain forcesat now. Air it out.
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                      So Lobot, man of ultimate UC FB knowledge and wisdom.... what is your prediction?

B.C.
                      "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

Maybe you should stick to Administrating and leave the weather forecasting to the experts who are paid to be correct 50% of the time. It's raining right now; kickoff is 90% chance at kickoff, and then it goes up. But it is less than the 100% forecast earlier in the week. However, forecasts are for the entire area; Birmingham could possibly be missed and then your expert status would be reinstated.

And to be fair, the temperature is supposed to be 58 at kickoff, the up a degree each hour afterwards. Well, not forever; I'm only using their forecast up until 7PM. The earlier forecasts had the temps staying in the 50s.

Go Cats!

Comment

Hahaha. I swear the forecast was totally different yesterday according to (In)Accuweather. I'm looking at it this morning and this looks to be a complete mess after all. Everybody hope for no thunderstorm at 5:00. Lightning would delay the end of the game for sure.
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Hahaha. I swear the forecast was totally different yesterday according to (In)Accuweather. I'm looking at it this morning and this looks to be a complete mess after all. Everybody hope for no thunderstorm at 5:00. Lightning would delay the end of the game for sure.
                            The folks who really need to be concerned are anyone from New England who flew to a bowl game two years straight, only to have both games canceled. That happened to BC last year.

Comment

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post

The folks who really need to be concerned are anyone from New England who flew to a bowl game two years straight, only to have both games canceled. That happened to BC last year.
                              Yep, 3.25 inches now in the forecast. That's flooding territory. Be curious if they play.

Lobot you may have had Birmingham UK forecast, LOL

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X