Birmingham Bowl 1/2 3:00 ESPN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
    Starting RB, AJ Dillon is declaring for the draft. E'er body out of the pool!
    And he won't play in the bowl game.

Comment

Originally posted by Geaux Juan View Post

And he won't play in the bowl game.
      He was first team ACC.... quite a loss for them. The NCAA needs to stop this recent trend of good players sitting out bowl games. How would we feel if Michael Warren II decided to skip this game?

B.C.
      "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat Chris View Post

He was first team ACC.... quite a loss for them. The NCAA needs to stop this recent trend of good players sitting out bowl games. How would we feel if Michael Warren II decided to skip this game?

B.C.
        If Mike declared today and opted to skip the game, I'd support him. This game is largely meaningless. Why risk getting injured if you know you're heading to the draft. It's a financial decision for the player and as fans, we don't get a say in their decision.

Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I'm not fond of the trend but I completely understand it and wouldn't hold it against one of our Cats. And I don't see anyway the NCAA could do anything to stop it, shy of holding the player's family hostage.

Bowl games were originally mostly for tourism and were a reward for the players. Now the players still get their swag from bowls, but the actual games are really just programming for ESPN. And the extra practices are good for the underclassmen (if one could call extra practices at the end of the season pleasant), but for the upper classmen not so much. It is a chance to play one more game, and more time with your teammates, but if one is really a next-level player it's a risk to play a mostly meaningless game for Dear Ol' Alma Mater.

Comment

I can’t blame any players for not wanting to play in this game and risk a potential pro career. The game is essentially meaningless and there will be a few thousand people in the stands that actually care. Having said that, you can get injured at any practice or freakishly almost anytime you’re participating on the field. We lost a few guys including Wiggins before the season even started.
            Last edited by Bearcat-in-Italy; 12-14-2019, 12:50 PM.

Comment

It's been a bit quiet on the Birmingham Bowl front. Here's a bit of BC info from the Boston Globe. Nothing major. The Eagles are just trying to stay focused amid all of their distractions:

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/c...SDP/story.html

Comment

Looks like their starting QB has a pass completion rate of just 48%. They rely heavily on the running game, but w/ their star RB out, a very good backup will carry the load.

B.C.

"A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

For those who have been under a rock, James Hudson is playing in this game.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I don't know why I'm just looking at the stats for BC but it's weird because the majority of their offensive output is no longer on the roster for this game. So much so that the main problem on offense seems to be the TE Hunter Long who led them in catches this season. The remaining QB, Grosel, gets sacked quite a bit. Their best remaining player appears to be Max Richardson at LB. He's notched over 100 tackles. No coach , No QB, No RB. Hope we don't come out flat and give them hope in this game.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...stats/_/id/103
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X