Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birmingham Bowl 1/2 3:00 ESPN

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...wl/4365688002/

Our Cincinnati Bearcats are Birmingham bound! The Cats will take on Boston College who recently fired their coach, and are now rudderless in sea of college football. After a ending the season with two consecutive losses to Memphis, the Bearcats have a chance to beat into the ground a terrible BC team.
    Last edited by Lobot; 12-08-2019, 07:04 PM.

Here's the official write up from GoBearcats.

https://gobearcats.com/news/2019/12/...gham-bowl.aspx

This game is on a Thursday at 3:00 in the afternoon which means a lot of people are going to be at work and not traveling. Even if you can't go, it's important to the Athletic Dept. to sell out the bowl ticket allotment in order to break even on these smaller bowl games. Consider buying tickets even if you can't attend or donating tickets for the Band and Cheerleaders as well. Unllike with the Basketball tourney, the band and cheerleaders are not paid for by the NCAA and no per diem stipends are given for these folks by the bowl committees.
    Last edited by Lobot; 12-09-2019, 05:26 PM.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Wow, what a disappointing bowl. Crappy Bowl, in a crummy city, in a cruddy stadium, against a garbage team. I had hoped for the Gasparilla Bowl in Tampa. I will not go, but will buy and donate tickets.

Comment

For what it is worth, I was at the Birmingham (Papa John Bowl) about 15 years ago. The stadium is in a bad part of Birmingham (imagine putting a stadium in the West End... oh, they are doing that!), but there is plenty of parking, and the stadium is spacious, so you will get a good seat. Birmingham is about 8 hours from here, so the time is bad, as if you are back to your car, you won't be home until 3 a.m. or. so.

So we finished second in the league, and get rewarded w/ this. Nobody from B.C. will make that trip. If I don't go, I will buy a couple tickets to support the program.

At least BC is (was) well respected in the ranks of the Power Five (remember Doug Flutie).....I really wanted the Liberty Bowl against Tennessee.

B.C.

"A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

ESPN Prediction:

UC: 34
          BC: 24
          Former KMart Ball Boy

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat Chris View Post
            For what it is worth, I was at the Birmingham (Papa John Bowl) about 15 years ago. The stadium is in a bad part of Birmingham (imagine putting a stadium in the West End... oh, they are doing that!), but there is plenty of parking, and the stadium is spacious, so you will get a good seat. Birmingham is about 8 hours from here, so the time is bad, as if you are back to your car, you won't be home until 3 a.m. or. so.

So we finished second in the league, and get rewarded w/ this. Nobody from B.C. will make that trip. If I don't go, I will buy a couple tickets to support the program.

At least BC is (was) well respected in the ranks of the Power Five (remember Doug Flutie).....I really wanted the Liberty Bowl against Tennessee.

B.C.
            The stadium was a dump back when we were in the then named Papa John Pizza Bowl, and compounded the dumpster image when they even ran out of pizza by the end of the 1st quarter (not that my wife or I would have bothered to order that pizza - compare with Joe's.Napoli in Milford) Boy, I hope they do something special for the players because Birmingham isn't exactly the #1 tourist location for bowl locations.

Comment

I just remember them selling beers off a pallet that they hauled in for the game.

Comment

Originally posted by GangstaTakester View Post
                I just remember them selling beers off a pallet that they hauled in for the game.
                Good to know. If I go, I'll store a bunch in my jacket!

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatjd View Post

Good to know. If I go, I'll store a bunch in my jacket!
                  Toilet paper and soap were also missing from the restrooms, so set your priorities when "packing" your jackets.

Comment

Well, BC’s starting QB just went into the transfer portal. Lol
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                      Well, BC’s starting QB just went into the transfer portal. Lol
                      That QB, Anthony Brown, hasn’t played since he injured his knee in the 6th game.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bos...outputType=amp

Comment

UC has a month to figure out snap counts so that they don't have 5 false starts. Hopefully, they are committed to playing a clean game. The good news is all the extra practice time our guys will get to be ready for next year when we go 13-0.

Comment

Starting RB, AJ Dillon is declaring for the draft. E'er body out of the pool!
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Barklee View Post
                            Wow, what a disappointing bowl. Crappy Bowl, in a crummy city, in a cruddy stadium, against a garbage team. I had hoped for the Gasparilla Bowl in Tampa. I will not go, but will buy and donate tickets.
                            Mediocre payout at UAB's home field. I guess we split the conference payout which will get a boost from the Cotton Bowl.

Comment

Originally posted by Barklee View Post
                              I can see why the Gasparilla Bowl invited UCF. One hour drive for their fans. So what if we would play three straight games in Memphis. Navy had a good season but we deserve better by being in the conference championship! The Liberty Bowl versus the Birmingham Bowl??? The American has to fix their terrible bowl selections!

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X