No announcement yet.

Transfer Portal 2019-20

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder what his thoughts are for transferring. Is it that he is looking for a more pass friendly offense? He was pretty good towards the end of the year and I think they were able to get him the ball for a few key plays in games. No one in this offense is going to put up gaudy numbers at wide receiver, we just run the ball too much and I personally don't think Ridder is that great of a passer. Maybe things change with a more experience o-line and the addition of Hudson. Maybe Prater ends up being a wild card and starts at QB and we have a better passing game? Either way, with him departing it will be interesting to see who fills in (Blue Smith? Prater?).

Comment

I think Blue Smith is the likely candidate. I've not heard anything on Garyn Prater's health lately.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Gilenerm View Post
        I wonder what his thoughts are for transferring. Is it that he is looking for a more pass friendly offense? He was pretty good towards the end of the year and I think they were able to get him the ball for a few key plays in games. No one in this offense is going to put up gaudy numbers at wide receiver, we just run the ball too much and I personally don't think Ridder is that great of a passer. Maybe things change with a more experience o-line and the addition of Hudson. Maybe Prater ends up being a wild card and starts at QB and we have a better passing game? Either way, with him departing it will be interesting to see who fills in (Blue Smith? Prater?).
        It'll be an interesting QB competition if there is a true competition. Ridder is an emotional leader of this team and we can't argue with his success. Ridder makes some passes that make me say "Wow, that was one helluva pass" just as much as I say "Wow, what was he thinking", or I say "Wow, that was a great idea if he had been decisive 2 seconds ago". There's no doubt Ben has a stronger arm, and is still growing in his reads too. Evan is a wild card, good arm and good legs, but let's see how well he picks up the system. I am skeptical that Ben or Evan can unseat Dez because Luke/Denbrock are very much aware how many intangible leadership skills Dez brings to the table. I can't blame Mbodj for exploring options as this team will likely be run first again next year.He was a highly touted recruit and followed his older brother to Clifton. Could be he wants to get out of big brother's shadow.
        Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Something I didn't realize until Mbodj posted it is that this is a grad transfer move. He's done with his undergrad degree. If he does leave it will be interesting to see where he ends. It could be that he wants finish up closer to home.I'm trying to remember if that the case last year and I think it was.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Speaking of Grad transfers, Javan Hawes is now in the portal as well. Mdobj and Hawes were the final two Tuberville recruits in that group.

That leaves this WR corps:

Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Multiple outlets reporting Trent Cloud has entered the portal.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                I think Blue Smith is the likely candidate. I've not heard anything on Garyn Prater's health lately.
                Waiting to see what Blue Smith can do. He has all the tools and if healthy could give us that breakaway wideout.

Comment

So here's what we're looking at coming into the season.

You'll notice Cam Jones is now a TE. Beginning to think until the WR corps gets settled in that we should line up TEs 4 wide. I'm only sort of joking. I'm also thinking Leonard Taylor is a Soph. and not a Jr.

Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I'm also thinking Leonard Taylor is a Soph. and not a Jr.
                    He's an upcoming JR. Per gobearcats.com stats, Taylor played in 11 games in 2018 and all 14 last year. He really hasn't been involved much in the passing game to-date, with 7 receptions overall.

Comment

So here's what we're looking at coming into the season.

You'll notice Cam Jones is now a TE. Beginning to think until the WR corps gets settled in that we should line up TEs 4 wide. I'm only sort of joking. I'm also thinking Leonard Taylor is a Soph. and not a Jr.

Don't forget this guy: https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...ts/2979238001/

Comment

Per his Twitter, Myjai Sanders is now in the transfer portal.

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
                          Oh that’s not good.

update: I’m not seeing this in his feed
                          Last edited by Lobot; 05-13-2020, 08:43 PM.
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

??????? https://twitter.com/MyjaiGrinding

Comment

Originally posted by coach View Post
                              Maybe I was in the Twilight Zone, I could swear I saw it.

Edit: It was Trent Cloud. No idea how I messed that up.

https://twitter.com/foc42_/status/12...880942082?s=21
                              Last edited by longtimefan; 05-14-2020, 03:27 AM.

Comment

Maybe I was in the Twilight Zone, I could swear I saw it.

Edit: It was a Trent Cloud. No idea how I messed that up.

https://twitter.com/foc42_/status/12...880942082?s=21
                                You actually scared the s*** out of me for 5 seconds.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X