• Show
Clear All

• Transfer Portal 2019-20

We have 4 players in the portal currently

Tavion Thomas RB
    Cole Kosco QB
    Anthony Johnson CB
    Yanez Rogers QB/WR

We knew about Thomas and Rogers already.

Kosco is a walk-on.

Johnson was a transfer from Penn St. Not sure what happened there but I don't think he ever saw the field and was sitting this year.

As far as other teams go, there are lots of quality players out there right now and I"m sure the population will go this week and after bowl season.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Did Rogers have his heart set on QB? Can never have too many athletes that can play WR.
    Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

He was originally recruited by Tuberville and crew with the understanding he would get a shot at QB. When Fickell got here, Rogers got recruited over and then when he switched to WR, he couldn't get playing time.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Johnson, who went by TJ (full name is Anthony Terrence Johnson, Jr.) played in 8 games last year, but none this year and is no longer listed on the roster (he was earlier this year). I don't know what happened either.

I think we may have some other QBs in the portal soon unless some of them have a position change. We've got a quality one & two (a RS Soph and a RS Frosh), and a high recruit in Prather next year. I don't see a lot of playing time for those in-between.

Comment

Cam Jones might be a TE candidate. At his height he’s as tall as Metz and pretty Athletic.

I can think of someone about his size that switched to TE and ended up in the NFL
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Kyriq McDonald is now in the transfer portal. Unclear whether another school would allow him to play with his medical issue.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

RJ Potts has entered the portal this afternoon
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

JJ Davis entered the transfer portal a couple weeks ago. Pretty sure he was a walk-on RB from Colerain.

Comment

Aulden Knight is now in the portal as well. Saw action last year as a kick returner
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                    Aulden Knight is now in the portal as well. Saw action last year as a kick returner
                    This will be Knight's second transfer. He red-shirted at Hampton in 2016, played there in 2017, then came to UC. Per gobearcats.com, Knight did not play this year, because of injuries incurred in the summer. So, he should be able to transfer without sitting out.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                      RJ Potts has entered the portal this afternoon
                      This is a a disappointment. Potts was rated a 4th best player in IN out of HS and couldn't crack the rotation at LB or S. Got stuck behind Jarrell White at his position. Don't blame him for transferring but I think he would have eventually gotten some playing time if he stayed.
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

D'Eriq King (Houston QB that redshirted after 4 games this year) entered the portal. I don't think this is a huge surprise, but after the reports came out that Dana Holgorsen encouraged/orchestrated the redshirt to make the Cougars better in 2020, it makes this story more interesting. The kid has talent...will be interesting to see where he ends up.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...rn-to-program/

Comment

Originally posted by GoCats1994 View Post
                          D'Eriq King (Houston QB that redshirted after 4 games this year) entered the portal. I don't think this is a huge surprise, but after the reports came out that Dana Holgorsen encouraged/orchestrated the redshirt to make the Cougars better in 2020, it makes this story more interesting. The kid has talent...will be interesting to see where he ends up.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...rn-to-program/
                          I couldn't find info, will D'Eriq be a grad transfer? He is from the Houston area, so I can't imagine he would qualify for a hardship waiver to play right away. There usually isn't a shortage of schools seeking to upgrade the QB position with a player of his caliber and experience. It wouldn't surprise me if there are more Cougars in the portal shortly.
                          Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

I couldn't find info, will D'Eriq be a grad transfer? He is from the Houston area, so I can't imagine he would qualify for a hardship waiver to play right away. There usually isn't a shortage of schools seeking to upgrade the QB position with a player of his caliber and experience. It wouldn't surprise me if there are more Cougars in the portal shortly.
                            Gary Patterson and Mike Gundy sure thought he was going to go to Oklahoma last night during the ESPNU live broadcast of the national championship game. Gary Patterson said “Mike remind me to show you some transfer portal news when we go to commercial and I’m sure you will already know where he’s going to end up.”

Comment

Justin Williams is reporting that Malick Mbodj has entered the transfer portal. This the 2nd year in a row he’s been in the portal . Returned last year, got injured, worked his way back and played well late in the season.
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X