• Show
Clear All

• Transfer Portal 2019-20

We have 4 players in the portal currently

Tavion Thomas RB
    Cole Kosco QB
    Anthony Johnson CB
    Yanez Rogers QB/WR

We knew about Thomas and Rogers already.

Kosco is a walk-on.

Johnson was a transfer from Penn St. Not sure what happened there but I don't think he ever saw the field and was sitting this year.

As far as other teams go, there are lots of quality players out there right now and I"m sure the population will go this week and after bowl season.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Did Rogers have his heart set on QB? Can never have too many athletes that can play WR.
    Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

He was originally recruited by Tuberville and crew with the understanding he would get a shot at QB. When Fickell got here, Rogers got recruited over and then when he switched to WR, he couldn't get playing time.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Johnson, who went by TJ (full name is Anthony Terrence Johnson, Jr.) played in 8 games last year, but none this year and is no longer listed on the roster (he was earlier this year). I don't know what happened either.

I think we may have some other QBs in the portal soon unless some of them have a position change. We've got a quality one & two (a RS Soph and a RS Frosh), and a high recruit in Prather next year. I don't see a lot of playing time for those in-between.

Comment

Cam Jones might be a TE candidate. At his height he’s as tall as Metz and pretty Athletic.

I can think of someone about his size that switched to TE and ended up in the NFL
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Kyriq McDonald is now in the transfer portal. Unclear whether another school would allow him to play with his medical issue.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X