AAC Championship 12/7 3:30 ABC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AAC Championship 12/7 3:30 ABC

Playing a team two weeks in a row is interesting. We threw a new QB out there that they had no tape on in the first game. They had to display the full package because the game was more important to them. They had have a W to advance and they got it.

I think this likely gives us an advantage in game 2 particularly if RIdder is ok to go this weekend. We would get the offense from yesterday plus a running threat from the QB spot that should open up some things for Doaks and Warren that weren't really happening yesterday.

Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Honestly, Memphis did not overly impress me. We may well beat them next week! Still, Boise St. will get the Cotton Bowl. I want the Liberty Bowl against Tennessee or Kentucky!

B.C.
    "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

They've got to clean up the offensive line blocking in the middle of the line. Quicker guys gave them a problem yesterday. I think you have to go more with straight ahead blocking assignments as to many times their small quicker guys were not being trapped as plays were designed. I'm not going to get started on the mystery penalty. Very odd call, have to wonder if they wanted Navy in that conference championship game.

Comment

Fickell said at the presser this week that Desmond Ridder will start this week.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Unfortunately I can see a whole lot of penalties called on UC. We're the most penalized team in the country to start, plus there is no doubt the AAC wants Memphis to win to guarantee a spot in the cotton bowl.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
            Fickell said at the presser this week that Desmond Ridder will start this week.
            However, today he hedged on that, saying QB will be a game time decision. He knows Ridder wants to play, but Fickell has to be convinced that he's ready.

Comment

I actually think that Ben gives us a better chance to win against Memphis. The defense will have to limit Memphis to 24 points or less. I don’t see the special teams gaffe we had last week and we need positive turnover margin. I called a win last week and was wrong. I’m not sure we can win with the Desmond we’ve seen the last few weeks. Hopefully Luke will play both as needed.

Comment

Two drops and a horrific running into the kicker play. Instead of ball at the 50 yard line and all the momentum they go right down the field and score a touchdown. Then we run into their guy trying to field a punt and they get a 15 yard penalty. This is pathetic.

Comment

UC cannot catch a break. Dropped passes right in the hands of receivers. Penalties resulting in first downs after the defense has stopped UM. Penalties on kick catches. Stupid penalties.

Comment

...Ridder fumbles. Aaaaargh

Comment

This is getting ridiculous! A long run but a fumble recovered by UM. It just isn’t meant to be.

Comment

Wow, I've never seen such a sloppy, undisciplined Bearcats team like this in my lifetime. Should be up by at least 2 TD's right now and they're down by 3 because of the penalties and turnovers.

Comment

Lots of talent but lack of discipline. Frustrating to watch.

Comment

Another drop prevents a drive continuation. There’s a lot of players doing a lot of really good things and a few guys are really screwing this up. These are plays that will be made 95% of the time in backyard football. Defense playing great barring the 60 yard TD run.

Comment

Dear Coach Fickell. Please recruit some wide receivers that can catch a perfectly thrown pass. Poor Ridder.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X