Closer look at "overrated" Temple

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Closer look at "overrated" Temple

We all seem so scared about Temple, but let's take a closer look at their schedule this year:

1. Started season with 56-12 win over "powerhouse" D-IAA Bucknell, winning 56-12

2. Then beat highly overrated Maryland. Maryland who lost to Ohio State, 73-14, is now 3-8

3. They lost to Buffalo from the MAC, 38-22. Miami of Ohio easily beat Buffalo.

4. They then beat a horrible Georgia Tech team 24-2.

5. They Beat ECU 27-17

6. They DID BEAT Memphis, on a highly question call, at the end of the game (home game at Temple) 30-28

7. They were then beat up real bad by SMU, at SMU 45-21

8. Then they beat USF 17-7 at USF

9. And finally, they beat an overrated Tulane team 29-21 at home last week.

So....

This is not a team that should scare us. Concern us, yes, but not scare us. The game that will be the real test is Memphis at Memphis in two weeks.

B.C.
    "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Originally posted by Bearcat Chris View Post
    We all seem so scared about Temple, but let's take a closer look at their schedule this year:

1. Started season with 56-12 win over "powerhouse" D-IAA Bucknell, winning 56-12

2. Then beat highly overrated Maryland. Maryland who lost to Ohio State, 73-14, is now 3-8

3. They lost to Buffalo from the MAC, 38-22. Miami of Ohio easily beat Buffalo.

4. They then beat a horrible Georgia Tech team 24-2.

5. They Beat ECU 27-17

6. They DID BEAT Memphis, on a highly question call, at the end of the game (home game at Temple) 30-28

7. They were then beat up real bad by SMU, at SMU 45-21

8. Then they beat USF 17-7 at USF

9. And finally, they beat an overrated Tulane team 29-21 at home last week.

So....

This is not a team that should scare us. Concern us, yes, but not scare us. The game that will be the real test is Memphis at Memphis in two weeks.

B.C.
    ECU and USF took us to the wire. If I am on the Playoff Committee, my eyes would put Memphis ahead of us, based on the look. In the end it won't matter as we will have to keep winning to get G5 and play two tough teams, plus conference championship.
    What I mean, is UC might be a little over rated too. This game scares me with Memphis looming the next week. I hope we don't come out flat like we did in Tampa and that Ridder isn't tentative or hurt.
    Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

In my mind there are three keys to this game:
      1. What will Marcus Freeman do to keep us from being burned deep on the pass. Our corners looked really good against UCF, and not so good against Houston and ECU.
      2. Mistake free. Limit penalties, especially on the offensive line. Those are drive killers.
      3. Short to medium passes across middle to slot and tight ends to bolster Ridder's courage. It will also make running a bit easier.
      We really need four good quarters per game for the rest of the season!

Comment

Originally posted by Greg7173 View Post
        In my mind there are three keys to this game:
        1. What will Marcus Freeman do to keep us from being burned deep on the pass. Our corners looked really good against UCF, and not so good against Houston and ECU.
        2. Mistake free. Limit penalties, especially on the offensive line. Those are drive killers.
        3. Short to medium passes across middle to slot and tight ends to bolster Ridder's courage. It will also make running a bit easier.
        We really need four good quarters per game for the rest of the season!
        1. I honestly don't think we're going to chnage what we're doing on D. This is like the Bears 46. Aggressive rush. Corners on an island. Go beat us if you can. We're 9-1. Despite the close calls, it's not broken
        2. I don't think mistake free is realistic. Corners are on an island so you're going get to PI on occasion which is better than a TD. The OL jumps more than a kangaroo. We might be better at home but we have to go on the road vs. Memphis.
        3. YESSSS. Totally agree.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

We need to be able to go over the top to beat Temple on Offense. The short to medium routes won't be there or will get our TE's killed. Their strength on defense is their linebackers and D-line. SMU beat them because they had the WRs and a QB that could throw over the top, and right now I don't think Des can. We'll see how he does in practice this week, but we won't be able to run on this team and their linebackers are too good for the screen passes and crossing routes. We have to open it up on outside to be able to get the running game established. They will come with 8 in the box and dare us to throw over them.

I have a bad feeling about this game.

Comment

It will be a rock fight. I think number one key is not turning it over, and protecting the qb. My biggest concern is recently we've not gotten the pressure on the qb we were getting earlier. That's an issue with the type of defense we play. You have to get to the qb to keep them honest. We'll see, i expect close game. Could turn on special teams play. which was key Saturday. Two of their three losses are away from Philly. Very different environment playing night in Nippert versus afternoon games in the Nfl stadium in Philly. Noise should be significantly different. Not always easy on opposing qb's who don't see/hear it regularly.
            Last edited by coach; 11-19-2019, 02:09 PM.

Comment

It will also be cold and wet that evening. Hoping that plays to our advantage moving the ball on the ground, which is certainly the strength of this team offensively.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X