Joey Groeber Transfer OL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey Groeber Transfer OL

Groeber announced last night that he was committing to UC. He's college graduating class of '22 and a transfer from Cincinnati Christian University. He can play Guard and Center. He's 6'4, 305 and graduated from Batavia HS.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/3999580/Joey-Groeber

Someone will have to fill me in on CCU a bit. I know they are ceasing operations after this semester but have no idea about how that came about. I would have to guess that because they school shut down, that Joey would not have to sit a year on this transfer.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

CCU will cease operations, due to losing academic accreditation and financial issues, in January, 2020. They are a horrible NAIA team. He may be big, but if he was playing for them, I doubt he will add much to UC's depth chart.

B.C.
    "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

I do not know how the transfer rules work in these cases. My gut would tell me that there would be no sit-out penalty since there is no coach to oppose the transfer (ala that guy from Michigan), but that is just a guess

My opinion on the transfer is that CLF either sees this as an opportunity to grab a diamond in the rough, or that it is a tremendous good-will gesture towards a local school closing. Either way - I am not seeing the downside.

Comment

I think the diamond in the rough might be in play here. UC was offering discounts to displaced CCU students anyway. We don't know if he'll be scholly or PWO.

I've seen a few things from the CCU coaching staff saying this guy might have been FBS or at least FCS talent anyway. I don't have info on why he chose CCU to begin with so hard for me to gauge whether that's good info or not.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X