Temple 11/23 7:00 ESPN2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temple 11/23 7:00 ESPN2

Well we're playing Temple but we don't know when until later today and we don't know what network either right now. Regardless of when that game is or how cold it happens to be, we need as many fans as possible for the game. It's Senior Day to boot.

As fans we think everything is a must win and the reality is many of them are not. This is close to a must win if they want to play in the AAC Championship and the Cotton Bowl. A loss here puts us in a spot where we have to beat Memphis the following week to make the Championship game. A loss to Temple and a loss to Memphis would put Temple in the AAC title game based on head to head tiebreaker.

That said, this is going to be a tough tough game even at home. Anthony Russo can sling the ball. The Owls have about a 2:1 passing to rushing yardage ratio. Unfortunately the long ball is our achillles heel this season and Temple is not afraid to uncork a few. The have 3 good receivers with Jadan Blue leading the pack. The guy that usually kills us is Isaiah Wright. Very fast, good kick returner, great in open space.
    All that makes me wonder if Marcus Freeman throws some curves at Temple and takes our corners off their islands for this game.

On offense we have to efficient and we must block Quincy Roche. He has 9.5 this season and was a terror vs. Tulane yesterday.

Stats : https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...stats/_/id/218
    Last edited by Lobot; 11-17-2019, 01:06 PM.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

LOL, no mention the Temple would have to beat Uconn at home in the final game? The proverbial layup! Ha.

Not to mention Uconn's final AAC football game, good riddance.

Comment

I do have a pair of tickets available for this game, whenever it is. If you're interested let me know via PM.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Nippert at Night one last time. Bring the blankets
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
          I do have a pair of tickets available for this game, whenever it is. If you're interested let me know via PM.
          These are now claimed
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Temple @ UC from the Philly perspective:

https://www.inquirer.com/college-spo...-20191119.html

Comment

Tickets claimed via Bearcat Country FB page.

I have two tickets in section 204, aisles seats. Free to good home. I took advantage of opportunity to upgrade to scholarship club level seats for this game and the ticket office let us keep the original seats too. First come, first serve
              Last edited by red_n_black_attack; 11-21-2019, 09:19 PM.
              Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Temple DE Quincy Roche is a potential problem that the Cats need to neutralize:

https://www.inquirer.com/college-spo...-20191121.html

Comment

Here's Justin Williams' commentary from The Athletic ($) as to what happens if Desmond Ridder's shoulder doesn't allow him the confidence to throw against Temple:

https://theathletic.com/1395615/2019...l&redirected=1

Comment

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post
                    Temple DE Quincy Roche is a potential problem that the Cats need to neutralize:

https://www.inquirer.com/college-spo...-20191121.html
                    I'm just going to go on record and say that it's unlikely we will be able to block this guy.
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

I'm just going to go on record and say that it's unlikely we will be able to block this guy.
                      Typically guys like that the plan is to run right at them. That said, looking at the radar unless this storm gains more steam by 7 it looks to me that most of the rain will be east of us? Anybody else have weather credentials out there?

Comment

This team is finding ways to win and it is fantastic to be 10-1 ...but wow do they look shaky. IDK how much is due to Ridder’s injuries but we have zero passing game. Multiple drops tonight maybe due to cold and wet. Hoard said we have been out gained in 6 of our victories this year by as much as 160 yards. Special teams play has been stellar to state the obvious despite the missed FG attempt tonight. White averaged 45 yards per punt with zero return yards. Big challenge next week with Memphis. Looking forward to that game.

Comment

Temple beat Memphis, but the game was at Temple. Another ugly UC win, but remember how many ugly wins we had in 2009 when we went 12-0. Good teams figure out a way to win.

Memphis will be a daunting task. They absolutely demolished USF in Tampa today.

B.C.

"A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

Great Win! But....... It was clear that our defense was on the field far too long and their effectiveness started to fade late in the game. We have to find some ways to rejuvenate the offense. Besides the obvious of Ridder being hurt an not being able to consistently execute throws I thought Dembrock called an incredibly bad game. Our run game is the most effective off the zone read where Ridder can pull it back and scoot into the empty zone. That didn't happen enough.

Comment

The low scoring, tough hitting, and ugly game I thought it would be. Although a lot of people do not think of Temple as a rival. They are our rival. With the arrival of Luke Fickell, Cincinnati has adopted toughness as its motto. Temple has been tough ever since they rejoined the BIG EAST. Each team's philosophy is to punish you with a suffocating defense, and powerful running game. It was a very enjoyable, and frustrating game to watch as a Bearcat fan last night. Many dropped passes, and missed opportunities in the passing game. Hopefully that will correct it self next week in better weather conditions. The weather was perfect for a Temple Cincinnati rock fight. Cannot wait to watch next year's rivalry game in the Linc.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X