Clear All

Confirmed https://twitter.com/NDFootball/statu...79558657478656

Comment

And it’s done. They announced him as DC
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Bummed... Worried defense will take a big step back next year and recruiting will go downhill. Our loaded 2022 class might start re-opening their recruitment or follow him to ND

Comment

Well fu*k!! Freeman has earned it. Sorry to see him go, especially since UC plays ND next year. Thanks for a great run, coach. Good luck to you at ND.

Comment

Thought we could keep him another year. Good luck to Coach Freeman. Damn Notre Dame. Second time in 10 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Tigers View Post
              A few non-trolling pleasant corrections-Orgeron has been in Baton Rouge since 2015. He became HC in 2016. The recruits last year were his not Miles.

The new Offensive Staff is directly from Joe Brady’s Coaching Tree. Joe Brady recommended them. One was on LSU’s staff last year and now returns.

Freeman’s salary has been tripled. Being LSU’s Defensive Coordinator is a great stepping stone. Review Dave Aranda’s career. LSU is returning talent next year that isn’t matched at other job offers. The recruiting class is top 5 and loaded. Tigers had a really bad COVID year with a lot of opt outs and players they left for the NFL. They were the youngest team in the SEC. They also gained valuable experience and aren’t as far from the top as people would like to believe.

Appreciated. I forgot he was there as an assistant. I knew the new staff were Brady guys. Smart move. Dave Aranda was good for you guys but jury is still out on his HC tenure obviously.

All kind of moot point since Freeman went to ND. Enjoy Corey Kiner though.

Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Sucks to lose a great coach, but congratulations to him. It is a great step to a head coaching position. I heard an interview with Kelly where he talked about not wanting to change his defensive setup because of the kids they've recruited. It will be interesting to see if Freeman has the flexibility to run "his" defense or if he is going to have to adapt to the current ND style.

Comment

I appears that the team and returning seniors were caught completely off guard on this.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

2.5mm per year for 4 years. Crazy money.

https://www.ndinsider.com/football/n...6c4a0fc88.html

They'll be fine. Fickell has a lot of control over everything, and he promoted MF after he was let go at Purdue during the Hazell purge. Don't forget TT's final team went in and beat Purdue his final season.
                    Last edited by coach; 01-08-2021, 11:11 PM.

Comment

Really hate to see him go but the money they are paying him is too much to pass up. Best of luck but I hope we beat your team next year.

Comment

They basically bought a head coach in waiting if it pans out. That money dwarfs what Osu pays their assistants and they pay a lot. I don't know if any Nfl coordinators make that kind of money. The Lsu guys thought he would be wowed with 1.2 or 1.3mm. LOL Right place at right time. For a guys 4 seasons ago coming off a 3-9 season at Purdue and out of a job he caught lightning in a bottle. He owes Fick a big old thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by coach View Post
                          They basically bought a head coach in waiting if it pans out. That money dwarfs what Osu pays their assistants and they pay a lot. I don't know if any Nfl coordinators make that kind of money. The Lsu guys thought he would be wowed with 1.2 or 1.3mm. LOL Right place at right time. For a guys 4 seasons ago coming off a 3-9 season at Purdue and out of a job he caught lightning in a bottle. He owes Fick a big old thank you.
                          Wow that much $$ does complicate things. Its so much that it probably excludes him from head coach opportunities at most places and locks him in to ND or just a very few schools unless hes willing to take a cut down the road. I think Fick makes $3.5 which leads the Group of 5 but most schools don't pay that much for HC let alone Coordinators.

Comment

Somebody was talking on the radio about being a stepping stone job at Uc, and i don't think they realize that we lost an assistant coach, not the head coach. 2.5mm annually is a ton for a p5 coordinator to get to go to a p5 head coaching job. I think the D coordinator who just took the Boise job from Oregon is like 1.5mm as a head coach. Osu's top assistant salary is Coombs at 1.4mm for comparison. I think Tom Allen head coach at IU is 2.5mm. He should give thanks to Fick. Time will tell how the interaction impacts each, but he was a guy looking for a job 4 years ago after Hazell was out at Purdue. Four seasons have been very, very good to his career and at the "G5" level. LOL

Comment

coach

LSU was offering over $2M. Alas none of this matters because Freeman accepted LSUs offer Friday and then took the ND job. Most think he and his agent used LSU to get a $# out of ND. Crappy move but sun comes up.

Good luck to you guys for basketball and next years football season!

Comment

Originally posted by coach View Post
                                He could put the defense in the wrong scheme a couple of times when we play them, LOL. But then he wouldn't be earning his pay.
                                Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X