No announcement yet.

Marcus Freeman

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freeman has proved all he can at the coordinator level and will benefit from sticking with Fickell until he gets a MAC head coaching job (in which he will dazzle). Marcus knows the Midwest and will get a head coaching job. It should've been after this special season, but I think the economics of COVID won't allow some schools to pull the trigger so it will likely be in 2022. It's not that LSU isn't a step up, it's more that his next step should be head coach. Marcus has the tools, personality, and drive to win and lead a program. I can only hope he stays in Clifton or comes back at some point, but he has big things ahead of him.
    Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Here comes ND. We all knew this would happen but we have to wait and see what direction everything goes.

https://footballscoop.com/news/brian...e-coordinator/
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
        Here comes ND. We all knew this would happen but we have to wait and see what direction everything goes.

https://footballscoop.com/news/brian...e-coordinator/
        Other than $$$, not a lot of upside moving from UC DC to ND DC. Freeman will get a shot as a HC soon enough, regardless of whether he takes another coordinator position at a more marquee name or not. If anything, it's a risk as winning here with Fick is almost assured. The same cannot be said at ND or anywhere short of Alabama or perhaps Ohio State... and of course Clemson but few would expect that spot to open anytime soon.
        "In the morning he would read the Bible with another coach. Then, in the afternoon, he would go out and cheat kids who had probably saved up money from mowing lawns to buy those raffle tickets. That's Jim Tressel." - former colleague to Jim Tressel as quoted in Sports Illustrated.

Comment

Freeman will interview at LSU this week according to Brandon Saho at WLWT.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Per a couple LSU sources, Freeman returned from Baton Rouge with his wife and plans to mull his options with his inner circle, including Fickell.

Comment

Fingers crossed he stays for at least one more year.

Comment

I think some of these seniors with an extra year are staying for him. If Freeman does eventually leave, you may see some of the returning seniors change their mind.
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Football Scoop thinks LSU is about to get Marcus Freeman. They run a great Twitter account but I do believe they have been wrong about things before so we'll see https://footballscoop.com/news/sourc...abbing-top-dc/
                  Last edited by GoBearcats31; 01-08-2021, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Everything about this feels wrong to me. Might be bias on my part because I want him stay.

The Freeman family is close with Fickell’s family. The Freemans just built a brand new custom home and moved in before Christmas. Their entire family was living with Fickell at one point.

It’s a big raise money wise for sure but unless his family has ties to Louisiana that I’m unaware of, there’s no reason to go to Baton Rouge.

I think the guys at Scoop are wrong on this. He’s much more likely to end up at ND or somewhere else in the Midwest.

You’ve also got the situation with Ed Orgeron and a big fat Title IX case to deal with if you go down there. The success of Orgeron was mostly based on a defense recruited by Les Miles and an offense run by Joe Brady. With those players and coaches gone, LSU tanked this year.

Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                      Everything about this feels wrong to me. Might be bias on my part because I want him stay.

The Freeman family is close with Fickell’s family. The Freemans just built a brand new custom home and moved in before Christmas. Their entire family was living with Fickell at one point.

It’s a big raise money wise for sure but unless his family has ties to Louisiana that I’m unaware of, there’s no reason to go to Baton Rouge.

I think the guys at Scoop are wrong on this. He’s much more likely to end up at ND or somewhere else in the Midwest.

You’ve also got the situation with Ed Orgeron and a big fat Title IX case to deal with if you go down there. The success of Orgeron was mostly based on a defense recruited by Les Miles and an offense run by Joe Brady. With those players and coaches gone, LSU tanked this year.

All good points - hard to disagree. For me, I just think with a wife and 5-6 kids and with a solid head coaching opp. likely to come about in 2022, maybe not worth moving anywhere for a year. But I'm not a coach and not accustomed to the lifestyle where you are on the move all the time.
                      Last edited by GoBearcats31; 01-08-2021, 03:00 PM.

Comment

A few non-trolling pleasant corrections-Orgeron has been in Baton Rouge since 2015. He became HC in 2016. The recruits last year were his not Miles.

The new Offensive Staff is directly from Joe Brady’s Coaching Tree. Joe Brady recommended them. One was on LSU’s staff last year and now returns.

Freeman’s salary has been tripled. Being LSU’s Defensive Coordinator is a great stepping stone. Review Dave Aranda’s career. LSU is returning talent next year that isn’t matched at other job offers. The recruiting class is top 5 and loaded. Tigers had a really bad COVID year with a lot of opt outs and players they left for the NFL. They were the youngest team in the SEC. They also gained valuable experience and aren’t as far from the top as people would like to believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Tigers View Post
                          A few non-trolling pleasant corrections-Orgeron has been in Baton Rouge since 2015. He became HC in 2016. The recruits last year were his not Miles.

The new Offensive Staff is directly from Joe Brady’s Coaching Tree. Joe Brady recommended them. One was on LSU’s staff last year and now returns.

Freeman’s salary has been tripled. Being LSU’s Defensive Coordinator is a great stepping stone. Review Dave Aranda’s career. LSU is returning talent next year that isn’t matched at other job offers. The recruiting class is top 5 and loaded. Tigers had a really bad COVID year with a lot of opt outs and players they left for the NFL. They were the youngest team in the SEC. They also gained valuable experience and aren’t as far from the top as people would like to believe.

The Tigers would be a good spot for a year, but is the money worth it for one year? Freeman wants to be a head coach (and deserves to be one soon). He is a midwest guy, so the lure of Noter Shame may be too much for us to match, but again, it's likely only one year. Freeman could be well suited to have a top five defense on a top 10 (or higher) team in Clifton next year, with games against Indiana and Noter Shame able to launch them into CFP conversation again. It will be a tough decision for Coach Freeman and I wish him well, whatever the decision. I think he might be better served to stay in Clifton one more year, then jump to head coach job, instead of a lateral move as DC. The pay difference between LSU, ND, and UC isn't that much with the new raises UC gave Fickell and staff last spring.

Of the two, I'd root for LSU over Noter Shame, but of the three, UC may be best because his scheme is already in place.
                          Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by Tigers View Post

I wonder if Orgeron has given any thought into what Fickell's impact is on Cincy's defense?

Comment

Sounds like Freeman is headed to... NOTRE DAME

Comment

Just saw that. Makes much more sense. Now we have to play him next year. Fun
                                Brent Wyrick
                                92 Final Four Front Row
                                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X