No announcement yet.

South Florida 11/16 7:00 CBSSN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fickell's 19-3 since the beginning of 2018, they are likely over-ranked and I can't imagine them beating a ranked team this year, or finishing the year as a one-loss team, but they are winning a **** of a lot more than they're losing, and the future looks good.

Comment

They have the #1 recruiting class in the G5, obviously best in the AAC.

Ridder was obviously hurt. I've heard of throw back uniforms, but tonight they ran 1890's offense.

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post

Ridder was obviously hurt. I've heard of throw back uniforms, but tonight they ran 1890's offense.
        I recently had wisdom teeth removed. I was swishing with salt water while reading this. I had to work hard not to spit it across my kitchen as I started laughing with a mouthful of it!

Comment

Originally posted by coach View Post

They have to go to a short passing game. Usf is clearly going after the qb with overloaded formations. You have to get rid of the ball much quicker. Game plan has to be adjusted. Question is if Ridder can adjust. He looks really unsure of himself. I don't trust his accuracy.
          Totally agree. If we can ever get the passing game consistent, it will make the running game that much more efficient. We also seem to have issues with the wideouts getting open. Is that a skill thing or bad play design?

Comment

I had the same feeling last night as I did against ECU; as soon as the Cats got the ball at the end, I told my wife, "we've got this".

I'm happy with the win. Winning in November is difficult; winning as a ranked team is difficult. Sitting around on the road for a 7 PM game is more difficult than one would think; I think this was the major problem (which needs to be solved) against ECU and USF.

Comment

Any word on the injury to Ahmad Gardner???

Comment

Originally posted by Greg7173 View Post
                Any word on the injury to Ahmad Gardner???
                He was back on the field soon after the injury. I believe he completed the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                  Just FYI, I hate this game. We always have trouble in Tampa.
                  Sometimes you really don't want to be right. Goodness, that was like pulling teeth.

Here's the Box score. 78 yards passing and about half it was one play to Warren.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...meId=401117903
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Btw, echoing something I posted to Twitter last night, I don't think we're going to get a medical report on Desmond RIdder. We have a big game coming up on Saturday against Temple and they don't need to know what ever was wrong with Des last night.
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Greg7173 View Post

Totally agree. If we can ever get the passing game consistent, it will make the running game that much more efficient. We also seem to have issues with the wideouts getting open. Is that a skill thing or bad play design?
                      I have to disagree with this. I don't believe the WR's are not getting open. I saw them wide open on several plays on Saturday. One guy was jumping up and down waving his hands he was so wide open. Also, you don't need a WR to have that much separation to get the ball to him, but accuracy plays a big part in that. It may not be every play, but a QB has to be able to get him the ball. And right now, Ridder can't throw the ball. If Bryant is so bad that he can't be subbed in (which I don't believe one bit), then they just need to go to the wishbone and tell the receivers thanks, but we're not going to need you tonight. Denbrock has to figure it out!

Comment

I agree with Gilenerm. The coaches have limited passing by Ridder to protect him from further physical damage. His passing has become very noticeably poor. The run game has become the game plan which includes Ridder's need to scamper at times to avoid being sacked, when he does attempt a pass. Getting hit running may be just as bad for him, physically, as passing. My fear is the coaches have decided to continue to use Ridder to finish season instead of using the backup quarterback. I hope they make the right decision for all comcerned. Believe me, Temple and Memphis are looking over the videos.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilenerm View Post

I have to disagree with this. I don't believe the WR's are not getting open. I saw them wide open on several plays on Saturday. One guy was jumping up and down waving his hands he was so wide open. Also, you don't need a WR to have that much separation to get the ball to him, but accuracy plays a big part in that. It may not be every play, but a QB has to be able to get him the ball. And right now, Ridder can't throw the ball. If Bryant is so bad that he can't be subbed in (which I don't believe one bit), then they just need to go to the wishbone and tell the receivers thanks, but we're not going to need you tonight. Denbrock has to figure it out!
                          Wishbone? Ain't happening. Watch all the offensive recruits who verballed or are considering UC immediately turn their backs.

I hope that wasn't a serious suggestion. Even Navy doesn't run wishbone.

Comment

According to Fickell on the AAC conference call, Des got injured on the first series of USF and wasn't the same afterwards, so those that guessed he was injured were mostly right. Fickell thought he did not have confidence in his passing game after what was a shoulder injury. He thinks Des will be good to go for Temple.

Fletcher Page is reporting that Fickell asked Ridder if he wanted to go the 2nd half and he wanted to stay in. Fickell said he'd earned it so he let him stay in.

Page's Article : https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...le/4229337002/

Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post

Wishbone? Ain't happening. Watch all the offensive recruits who verballed or are considering UC immediately turn their backs.

I hope that wasn't a serious suggestion. Even Navy doesn't run wishbone.
                              LOL, heavy sarcasm in there about the wishbone. But, it makes my point that they gave up on the passing game. Can't do that against the D-line of Temple. They will push us backwards 5 yards every play if Des can't throw. Their D-line is amazing and features several pro-ready guys.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X