Josiah Deguara

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Josiah Deguara

Josiah has been invited to the Hula Bowl, which is back this year. The Hula Bowl was/is an all star showcase for college seniors preparing for the NFL draft.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Well deserved. Kid has worked his butt off. To think he was a 2 star. LOL

Comment

Favorite player, by far. He is such a smart player. His play earlier this season running 20 yards to pick up a fumble by Ridder and taking it in for a touchdown when everyone in the stadium thought it was an incomplete pass was so heads up. I can't wait to see how far he goes.

Comment

The next Travis Kelce!
        Former KMart Ball Boy

Comment

Yep, he's awful good in all phase now. His blocking has improved by leaps and bounds. He's so good i was shocked when he lost that ball out of bounds on his catch yesterday. He just doesn't make fundamental mistakes. He's a great role model for Taylor and Whyle who both has nice catches yesterday. My guess is they continue to line Whyle up a a hybrid wr/te. He's a versatile receiver.

Comment

We have not talked about how much of a TD machine Deguara is. Had 2 on Saturday. He has 7 total and 3 times as many receiving TDs as any other receiver and you can throw in 1 rushing TD on the heads up fumble recovery against ECU. I really have not seen him make a bad play all year and he's obviously had about 3 extremely valuable hustle plays this season alone.

Can't imagine he doesn't play on Sundays
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

The Senior Bowl announced this morning that Josiah would be joining them in Mobile AL on Jan. 25

https://www.seniorbowl.com/
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                The Senior Bowl announced this morning that Josiah would be joining them in Mobile AL on Jan. 25

Well-deserved. He is such a workhorse. We will miss him a ton next year.

Comment

Deguara will play for the South team in the Senior Bowl. The South team will be coached by the Cincinnati Bengals coaching staff. Everyone pray that Zac Taylor doesn't rub off on him.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Wasn't he here when Zac was or did Deguara never redshirt?

Comment

Originally posted by Gilenerm View Post
                      Wasn't he here when Zac was or did Deguara never redshirt?
                      Per gobearcats.com, Deguara red-shirted in 2015 & played in all 12 games inTubb’s last season, almost entirely on special teams. Taylor was OC that year (such as whatever that was that passed for as an offense).

Comment

Or, maybe having a coach there that is somewhat familiar with him might help. From what I've seen Josiah is a day 3 pick at best, so maybe this will give him a better chance to impress.

Comment

Deguara got a nice shoutout on Twitter from Jim Nagy, the executive director of the Senior Bowl.

"Appreciate how you came down here and competed.... You’re going to make some NFL team better next year...I have no doubt. Good luck the next few months!"
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Deguara got a nice shoutout on Twitter from Jim Nagy, the executive director of the Senior Bowl.

"Appreciate how you came down here and competed.... You’re going to make some NFL team better next year...I have no doubt. Good luck the next few months!"
                            He's rated as the 8th best TE in the draft by pro football focus.

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2020-...ition-rankings

Comment

Should be a good pro, has some things to work on still (consistency related) but tons of potential. I believe he was also invited to the combine along with Warren and someone else.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X