UConn 11/9 3:30 CBSSN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UConn 11/9 3:30 CBSSN

I think a lot us of thought last night's game would be a walkover and it wasn't. UConn is not good but after last night you can't approach them that way. With all the 200th anniversary festivities this weekend, I would think this will be a sellout crowd despite the weak opponent.

UConn is really young. They are 0-5 in conference and 2-7 overall. The two wins are against an FCS opponent Wagner by 3 and UMass, who is worse than UConn. They really don't offer much on defense and the Offense is only a little better with true freshman QB Jack Zergiotis from Montreal. I have seen them play a couple times. Zergiotis is not accurate down the field and doesn't throw a good deep ball. They do have a good experienced running back in Kevin Mensah.

As bad as their recruiting has been the last couple of years, I'd go so far as to say they are trending in the right direction. I think it's going to take longer to progress than say ECU becuase of their independent status starting next season. It's unlikely we will play them again any time soon so this most likely a goodbye game for the rivalry.

Stats: https://www.espn.com/college-footbal.../stats/_/id/41
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Goodbye and good riddance. The ramifications of Bohn to USC and looking forward to Memphis and Temple will not be much of a factor, plus UConn is considerably worse than ECU. Luke will have the team focused on this game, not looking ahead or past anyone.

Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

I hope they're focused. I'm suddenly worried about this game. Until our D starts covering throws down the field we're vulnerable. I hope we don't sleep walk in the first quarter as we have other times this year. For UConn, this is the Super Bowl. Jump on them early, don't let them hang around.

Comment

I'm not concerned at all. The Huskies really are that bad. Their frosh QB from Quebec has thrown 5 TD's and 8 picks in his 5 starts. He's been sacked 12 times.

Cats roll, 45-7.

Comment

Should be a breeze. Cats 42-3.

Comment

Here’s some info from the Courant that should give some indication as to how this game will go:

“When UConn has ventured far from home this season, the results haven’t typically been pretty. The Huskies lost 38-3 at Indiana, 56-21 at UCF and 49-7 at Tulane. They have not won a game that required an airplane trip since the 2015 season.”

Comment

Great win. Defense played well although Mensah ran well and was incredibly hard to bring down. Ridder needs to concentrate on short throws to boost his confidence and timing.

Comment

Awesome butt whopping! Send them out of the league with their tails between their legs. Now if we can beat them twice in basketball that would be awesome!

Comment

For my first time back in a while, that was a very unexciting game. Lol. Nice to be back in Nippert though. Really surprised we didn’t score more points honestly even though the starters were out in the 3rd.
                  I don’t know what you say about that game ot
                  her than UConn’s just pathetically bad.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Once they break away as an independent things are going to pick up for them. LOL The reality is they may because they are about as bad now as you can get. Anything could be a move upward.

Comment

Originally posted by coach View Post
                      Once they break away as an independent things are going to pick up for them. LOL The reality is they may because they are about as bad now as you can get. Anything could be a move upward.
                      Maybe we can have them back every year as our Homecoming opponent. We'd have to make HC earlier (before the conference season starts) but it's worth a guarantee win for the alums and the Ucons could use the dues.

Comment

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post
                        Here’s some info from the Courant that should give some indication as to how this game will go:

“When UConn has ventured far from home this season, the results haven’t typically been pretty. The Huskies lost 38-3 at Indiana, 56-21 at UCF and 49-7 at Tulane. They have not won a game that required an airplane trip since the 2015 season.”
                        They must be flying on the plane the Indians had to use in Major League.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilenerm View Post

....Piloted by Wrongway Feldman from Gilligans' Island.
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

They better get used to it. I don't know who would agree to play them in Conneticut going forward. They will be like the lower end basketball teams that play all away games to earn money for the program in pre-conference games.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilenerm View Post

Classic lines from that movie:

Wild Thing: "There are no stewardesses on this plane"

Willy Mays Hayes: "I don't think there are any pilots"

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X