Tavion Thomas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tavion Thomas

Tavion is expected to redshirt medically. At the presser today Fickell said they’re trying to get him healthy on and off the field. I do not think this is a reference to his grades but I could be wrong.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

I am wrong. It was in fact a reference to grades.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Tavion has only appeared in 3 games which gives us the ability to redshirt him and let him get stuff together. Of course he has to be receptive to that.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Grades was a risk when we offered him. I know he had to work on that before he could commit. Hope he gets the tutoring he needs and gets back on track.

Comment

Tavion has announced his transfer from UC in a tweet. Not sure where’s he headed at this point.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Unfortunate, but life goes on.

Comment

I don't think this comes as a surprise. Hope he gets things figured out and lives up to his potential.
              Cory Huffman
              Cin City

Comment

Unless they would leave early, i believe both Warren and Doaks are back next year. I think Doaks would have had to get a medical redshirt maybe for last year? I see he's listed as a junior this year.

Comment

The talent is there. Wouldn’t surprise me to see him go juco despite that though. We might see him in the pros honestly but it might be a roundabout path.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

It is almost like he got here a year too early. I am not sure about all the off-field issues, but he flashed some electric moves on the field. I think he will be a really fun back to watch for some team.

Comment

Sorry to see him go. If McCllenan is back next year we still should be solid at running back.

Comment

Nobody wants to mention Ryan Montgomery? Hmmm
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                          Nobody wants to mention Ryan Montgomery? Hmmm
                          Probably out of sight, out of mind. It's a smaller sample size, but Ryan M. actually has a slightly higher Yards-Per-Carry average compared to TT - 5.4 yards to 4.75. RM has 10 carries in 8 games vs. TT's 40 in 4 games.

Comment

Ryan Montgomery is a good back and was a great pickup for us. The guy has done a great job as a kick returner this year. I think he fits in well with the other backs in rotation, but he is just getting beat out by Doaks and Warren. He is a perfectly capable back to fill in if either of them go down this year. It's still a very loaded backfield. Add in McClellan next year and it gets even better.

Tavion had a grades issue when he came here. Barely classified for this class by just barely making grades. Sounds like it might be the reason he is transferring. He had troubles out of camp with the coaching staff and I'm not sure if that related. He clearly doesn't seem to like the fact that he's being redshirted. But that is how CLF sees it best for him, and I trust CLF.

Best of luck to Tavion at his next stop. Talented back, but we have plenty of talent without him. I just wish he could have gotten it together here and been a success as a Bearcat.

Comment

Tavion Thomas ended up at Independence CC btw.
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X