No announcement yet.

Tulsa 10/19 3:30 ESPNU

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yup. Now I remember lot 1. As far as the game, another game ball to the defense. Dembrock calling a terrible game. fake to warren and then throw to tight ends or let ridder run until they stop keying on warren. Too many shots downfield into covered receivers.

Comment

btw...my tuition for undergraduate ranged from $140 to $180 with a $6 fee (Cincinnati/Golf Manor rates). Graduate tuition was $300 per quarter. so long ago........

Comment

Boise State lost to BYU last night! We control our destiny for a New Years Six Bowl game.

Comment

Originally posted by Barklee View Post
          Boise State lost to BYU last night! We control our destiny for a New Years Six Bowl game.
          I watched Memphis dismantle Tulane. They are very, very good. Fast.

B.C.

"A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

Well that game was way ugly. Good thing Tulsa is a bad team. If we call a bad game or come out flat like that against most of the conference, we get beat.

On the bright side. How about Cole Smith with the long field goal and Gerrid Doaks with the monster game.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Barklee View Post
              SMU is ranked ahead of UC and they also won. Plus, Memphis is very good, as mentioned previously. It would not surprise me to see them ranked once again this upcoming week. UC will need some help from others to be the highest ranked group of five team. Not to mention that they still have to play both Temple and Memphis, which will not be an easy task.

Comment

Some postgame articles:

Enquirer : https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...ll/4036928002/

Athletic ($): https://theathletic.com/1307558/2019...-in-a-big-way/
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post

SMU is ranked ahead of UC and they also won. Plus, Memphis is very good, as mentioned previously. It would not surprise me to see them ranked once again this upcoming week. UC will need some help from others to be the highest ranked group of five team. Not to mention that they still have to play both Temple and Memphis, which will not be an easy task.
                  Memphis lucked out on scheduling, and has SMU and UC games at home. I think Memphis will beat SMU. We’ll need to beat them on their home field. I think Temple is overrated and we should beat them at Nippert.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                    Well that game was way ugly. Good thing Tulsa is a bad team. If we call a bad game or come out flat like that against most of the conference, we get beat.

On the bright side. How about Cole Smith with the long field goal and Gerrid Doaks with the monster game.
                    I wouldn't agree Tulsa is a bad team. Any team that took Smu to 3 ot's has some talent. Their biggest issue right now is their qb's decision making and some holes to fill defensively. Smu handled Temple at their place last night, and Temple beat Memphis at Temple so these teams in my mind are not terribly far away from each other. If ever there is a year where you take games one at a time this is it. Good time for a week off. Hopefully get guys healthy, particularly db's and safeties.

Comment

Tulsa doesn't have a very good defense and we made them look good. I'm really starting to worry about the play calling or Ridder's ability as a passer. I'll have to rewatch the game to see if my opinion in person is different than what is shown on TV. But Ridder didn't look comfortable and was throwing poor passes all day. Even the deep ball to Pierce was well under thrown, but thank God he played the ball the way he did, or it could have been picked. Denbrock needs to figure out how to use the offensive weapons he has and fast. I'm not liking what I'm seeing but we've got 2 weeks to figure it out. Thank you Defense for playing your buts off again! And, congrats to Doaks for getting a couple of touchdowns. Glad he's back and healthy! He had a really nice game while Warren was hobbling around on some tired legs.

Comment

A few things around the horn. Someone mentioned that Ridders throws were high except for the deep ball you mentioned. Denbrock need to work on back shoulder with him I think. Something Inoticed during the game is that were 8 in the box and very few crossing routes and TE seam passes becuase of of that. The one good ball he threw to Deguara on what I think was a post route got him crushed.
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

While the Cats aren't a finished product, I'm not of a mind to be too critical. Overall, this is a good team. The one area that could use some shoring up is the offensive line, which has a lot of youth, both in terms of starters and depth. That will come only with experience (and, hopefully, James Hudson). Michael Warren, in addition to being banged up, had very little room to run and the results showed. Gerrid Doaks came in with fresh legs, as the Tulsa D-line tired, and hit it big.

Comment

For those calling for Denbrock's head in the Tulsa game. He thinks you were right to do so. ($)

https://theathletic.com/1320135/2019...how-to-fix-it/
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X