Tulsa 10/19 3:30 ESPNU

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tulsa 10/19 3:30 ESPNU

GoBearcats has this game listed as ESPNU. Apparently it may have been moved to ESPN2. Not sure on that one entirely right now. Tulsa is 2-4 with wins over San Jose St and Wyoming. They are in last place in the West division at 0-2 in conference. I'm not sure why Phil Montgomery is still the coach to be honest unless they can't afford his buyout. I would imagine this is his last season depending on his contract provisions.

According to Chris Vannini at the Athletic, the Golden Hurricane (no s) have the smallest enrollment of any FBS school so I doubt we'll see many visiting fans for this one.

After last weekend somebody should hang on sign on their team that says "Destroyed by the US Navy." Navy scored 45 on them. There were multiple long chunk yardage runs against the Tulsa D. Total Rushing yards for Navy was 388.

Zach Smith is a capable QB but if we clean up the long passing game D from this past week, UC should win this fairly easily . Opening line was -13.5 and has moved to -16.5

Mike Warren should have a day against Tulsa. I'm trying to find out what's up with Tavion Thomas. He did not travel to Houston and I did not not hear anything about it til during the game. If he can't go, Doaks and Ryan Montgomery should be fine as backups to Warren. I think we might learn more about Tavion at tomorrow's press conference.

Childish entry of the day: Don't spell Tulsa backwards.

Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Per espn.com, Cats are, indeed on the U. Temple-SMU on ESPN2 at same time.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
      GoBearcats has this game listed as ESPNU. Apparently it may have been moved to ESPN2. Not sure on that one entirely right now. Tulsa is 2-4 with wins over San Jose St and Wyoming. They are in last place in the West division at 0-2 in conference. I'm not sure why Phil Montgomery is still the coach to be honest unless they can't afford his buyout. I would imagine this is his last season depending on his contract provisions.

According to Chris Vannini at the Athletic, the Golden Hurricane (no s) have the smallest enrollment of any FBS school so I doubt we'll see many visiting fans for this one.

After last weekend somebody should hang on sign on their team that says "Destroyed by the US Navy." Navy scored 45 on them. There were multiple long chunk yardage runs against the Tulsa D. Total Rushing yards for Navy was 388.

Zach Smith is a capable QB but if we clean up the long passing game D from this past week, UC should win this fairly easily . Opening line was -13.5 and has moved to -16.5

Mike Warren should have a day against Tulsa. I'm trying to find out what's up with Tavion Thomas. He did not travel to Houston and I did not not hear anything about it til during the game. If he can't go, Doaks and Ryan Montgomery should be fine as backups to Warren. I think we might learn more about Tavion at tomorrow's press conference.

Childish entry of the day: Don't spell Tulsa backwards.

Childish reaction I had...giggled
      Cory Huffman
      Cin City

Comment

Originally posted by loshow22 View Post

Childish reaction I had...giggled
        X2. :-D

10chars

Comment

Is this the game we get our pike to binns bobbleheads? I haven't hear or seen any info about how to get them... Does anyone know?

Comment

Originally posted by Chewbacca2099 View Post
            Is this the game we get our pike to binns bobbleheads? I haven't hear or seen any info about how to get them... Does anyone know?
            This is the 10th anniversary celebration of the 2009 team, but the announcement of the bobbleheads at gobearcats.com references that only season ticket holders would get one, so I can't imagine they'd pass them out at any game. How would they control it?

Comment

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post

This is the 10th anniversary celebration of the 2009 team, but the announcement of the bobbleheads at gobearcats.com references that only season ticket holders would get one, so I can't imagine they'd pass them out at any game. How would they control it?
              I have no idea, but I never got the little bag either.

Comment

Originally posted by Chewbacca2099 View Post
                If this is the game, is there another way to get the Boble head? This is the one game I am not able to attend.
                Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Not sure on the bobblehead but The 2009 team will be honored at the first timeout of the 1st quarter and not at half time so you'll want to the be in your seats early for this game.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Is CBK going to be there?

B.C.
                    "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat Chris View Post
                      Is CBK going to be there?

B.C.
                      Yes he will be there.
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

If this is the game, is there another way to get the Boble head? This is the one game I am not able to attend.
                        The bobbleheads are being handed out at Homecoming starting on Nov 9
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I realize you have to have the band etc. but i would think for an undefeated reg. season you would have a more extended program than in between timeouts during the game.

Comment

Originally posted by coach View Post
                            I realize you have to have the band etc. but i would think for an undefeated reg. season you would have a more extended program than in between timeouts during the game.
                            I would have hoped this would be a pre-game Celebration so as to not mess with the flow of tv timeouts and the half-time show could have some video ( pre-game coverage and 2009 game highlights).
                            Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

By popular demand of the Twitter masses, The 2009 Pitt game will be on Wylervision at the 5/3 tailgate starting at Noon.
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X