No announcement yet.

Houston 10/12 3:30 ESPN2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I re-read the thread and while you guys may be right. I don't think the stuff about Holgorsen is that far off. If you checked the comments on the thread, you've got lots of WV fans chiming in with yep, sounds about about right for Holgo.

It will be interesting to see if the team manages to circles the wagons tommorrow or folds up on the staff.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I'm not a fan of Holgorsen, but this kid knew(or should have known) what he was getting into schedule wise before he ever decided to go there. Nobody was forcing him into it. As for WV fans, that's about as second guessing a crew as you can get. He was fine while they hired and had him, but now they'll second guess everything he did. He won quite a few games there and inherited a much tougher road than his predecessors with the conference switch. Getting kids to Morgantown to travel like they do is not easy. I think Fick's recruiting classes are ranked ahead of his. If wv is a middle of the road conference team in 3 or 4 years, they'll be whining about Brown as well.
      Last edited by coach; 10-11-2019, 04:02 PM.

Comment

I think there's a trick in CFB coaching hires. Predicting the statistical bell curve. Tuberville was on the downside of the bell curve and Whit hired him anyway (friends). Holgorsen is on the down side of his bell curve and I'll just say that Tilman Fertitta hired him becuase Renu Khator at Houston certainly didn't. I don't even know who the AD is there these days honestly.

Another example is Les Miles. Probably on the downside but at Kansas there's nowhere to go but up.. Sometime you screw up and hire someone who's unpredictable like Kragthorpe at UL who looks like he's on the good side and isn't. Sometimes you're UGA with KIrby Smart and sometime you're UT with Jeremy Pruitt. It all looked good to the AD.

So shout out to Mike Bohn for being good at predicting future success in his hires. Don't know what the formula is but he's seems to have nailed it
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

GoCoogs board is reporting that Clayton Tune is questionable with an injury and likely won't play. We'll see the 3rd string QB in this game.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Can UC please fire it’s offensive coordinator??? Run it up the middle . . . every f-in time. UH cannot stop that play yet UC has rarely ran it there. So frustrating!!

Comment

Took care of business. Nice job finishing it out. Plenty of things to improve upon. Marcus Brown seemed like he was in the backfield all day. 5-1, can't complain.

Comment

Great Win! Need to get back to last weeks' long pass defense. Keep moving forward!!

Comment

Still having problems with FG's longer than 35 yards... ugh!

B.C.

"A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

Great game. I'll take a win like this anytime. Houston QBs had some nice passes. luckily several Houston receivers dropped catchable balls.

I thought several of the offensive holding calls were bogus. I'm glad they threw the flag on the hit on Ridder as he was going out of bounds. He gave himself up as he headed for the sideline. Although he hadn't stepped out of bounds, he had crossed the sideline.

We will greatly miss Young and Wright next year on defense. Hicks was a stud with 2 interceptions and a fumble recovery.

This season is turning out much better than I expected.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat Chris View Post
                      Still having problems with FG's longer than 35 yards... ugh!

B.C.
                      He's kicking it too low into the line on long attempts.
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Good game particularly on the road after a big mentally draining win. Houston still has a lot of good position athletes and honestly i think they will upset some folks down the road once they have their qb situation in order. To be fair to Uc's defense, hard to prepare for what i think was 4 different guys taking snaps from center. Like the announcers pointed out, the first td pass came from a wr who had not thrown a pass in warm ups. All that said, anyone have the skinny on Tavion Thomas not making the trip?

To expand on the multiple qb's, that's the first pass Bryson Smith has thrown all year. It was interesting on the replay as Pitts had a direct line to him and actually pushed the blocker into his path as he assume he was running as well. A very non traditional play that worked for a td. It happens. However, i expect you'll see them do more of that the rest of the season given he's a former qb
                        Last edited by coach; 10-13-2019, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Deep ball defense was a serious problem. We should have known it was coming since that's about the thing they could right the whole game.
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Post game breakdown from Justin Williams ($):

https://theathletic.com/1289362/2019...p-to-the-task/
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X