Houston 10/12 3:30 ESPN2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Houston 10/12 3:30 ESPN2

Well who knows what we're going to get from Houston where you can't tell who's playing this season from week to week. In case you're not sure what I'm talking about, Houston's two best offensive players D'Eriq King and Keith Corbin are redshirting for the season after playing 4 games. They started 1-3. So effectively Houston is tanking the season and those players are retaining eligibility at Houston or elsewhere for next season. Very suspect use of the new redshirt rule by Dana Holgorsen.

Houston is now 2-3 with win over Prairie View A&M and North Texas. The latter is actually a decent team. The loss to Tulane in NO was on a crazy missed tackle on the last play of the game in a contest they should have won.

Here's Houston stats which you can take with salt because D'Eriq King is the leader of everything and he's gone for the year.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...stats/_/id/248
    Last edited by Lobot; 10-07-2019, 08:46 AM.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Tuesday press conference is happening right now. Looks like Cooper is done for the year which stinks
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
      Tuesday press conference is happening right now. Looks like Cooper is done for the year which stinks
      That does stink about Cooper. Although, I'm pretty sure he had 3 or 4 false starts against Miami. And, last week without him, we had exactly zero false starts.

Comment

He’s definitely done for the year. Announced by the Football account. Chris Ferguson is expected to play this week
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Houston's Starting RG Justin Murphy just quit the team. He was a grad transfer from UCLA. Guy has terrible luck picking teams.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Don't forget that Memphis (5-0), plays at Temple (4-1), at 12 noon, on ESPN2. That game is followed by the UC game at 3:30.

B.C.

"A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

Go Memphis. Given we had the tie breaker with Ucf now, it would seem the easiest way to the conference championship game is by teams in our division losing to teams in the other division?

Comment

Originally posted by coach View Post
                Go Memphis. Given we had the tie breaker with Ucf now, it would seem the easiest way to the conference championship game is by teams in our division losing to teams in the other division?
                I am rooting for Memphis too, but more so that we face an undefeated Memphis in the AAC Championship. On second thought, we are undefeated in league play too, so a league loss for them would give us home field in the AAC Championship, right?
                Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Yes, but first things first, Priority 1 win the division, priority 2 win the home filed advantage. Hopefully get a loss on Temple before we see them.. Tulane is pretty hot right now and i was noticing both Temple and Ucf have to play them yet. Temple clearly has the hardest schedule in my book, Memphis, Smu, Ucf, Tulane and Uc left to play aka 3 ranked teams and Ucf.. We don't have Smu or Tulane on the schedule this year. It doesn't setup bad for us at all. My guess is Ucf loses another conference game and we have the tie breaker on them. However, you take them one at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

I am rooting for Memphis too, but more so that we face an undefeated Memphis in the AAC Championship. On second thought, we are undefeated in league play too, so a league loss for them would give us home field in the AAC Championship, right?
                    Maybe I'm not reading this correctly, but facing an undefeated Memphis in the AAC Championship game would mean we lost to them the prior week, the last regular season game. Nonetheless, a lot of rows to hoe before we get there.

Comment

Liitle colder for this game than expected. Supposed to be 67 at Kickoff. Houston is normally a swamp so might keep us from cramping up.
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Geaux Juan View Post

Maybe I'm not reading this correctly, but facing an undefeated Memphis in the AAC Championship game would mean we lost to them the prior week, the last regular season game. Nonetheless, a lot of rows to hoe before we get there.
                        I meant in our last game, mental error. Houston only at this time, though fans can look ahead
                        Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                          Houston's Starting RG Justin Murphy just quit the team. He was a grad transfer from UCLA. Guy has terrible luck picking teams.
                          So then there's this twitter thread from Murphy last night. He didn't quit. He had to medically retire. Put Holgo on blast though.

https://twitter.com/JMurphy_73/statu...60063732158464
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I'm going to be the person to question his motivation here. 1. Wasn't the schedule in place when he decided to transfer there? 2. Didn't Holgorsen inherit that schedule? It seems to me the blame lies with the previous staff. He could have stayed where he was.

Comment

I read his rant and it sounds like he doesn't know when to stop. Just from his first couple of tweets in the sequence, he goes off on the fact that he isn't getting paid, thinks Holgerson is over paid, and that the system is using him. Now, he's medically unable to continue playing with the team and he's mad. Also, it sounds like he was probably an issue for the coaching staff, a problem child if you will, and Holgerson and the staff found a way to get rid of him by making him medically unclear to play. If I remember correctly, Skip Kelly had to clean house of a lot of "problem people" at UCLA and I wouldn't be surprised to find out that this guy was one of those problems.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X