Coaching Carousel '19-20

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coaching Carousel '19-20

It has begun. Rutgers has fired Chris Ash.

Next on the block if they so choose, Charlie Strong at USF.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

One national sports source had LF as one of five potential candidates at Rutgers. Rutgers is a no win situation for any coach. Rutgers might be getting a huge BIG 10 yearly paycheck, but they are truly the doormats of their league. They should have stayed in the AAC.

B.C.
    "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat Chris View Post
      One national sports source had LF as one of five potential candidates at Rutgers. Rutgers is a no win situation for any coach. Rutgers might be getting a huge BIG 10 yearly paycheck, but they are truly the doormats of their league. They should have stayed in the AAC.

B.C.
      Sorry, BC, but as long as they continue to cash the checks as a member of a Power(grabbing)5 conference, they made the correct move.

Comment

Yep, definitely the correct move. That said, i doubt they go back to an Osu guy just for the sake of repetition. Ash was a highly regarded guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Geaux Juan View Post

Sorry, BC, but as long as they continue to cash the checks as a member of a Power(grabbing)5 conference, they made the correct move.
          Yep, you know Mike Bohn and the UC administration would gladly trade places with Rutgers so they could cash $50 million checks every year instead of $5 million. If Rutgers decides to go after CLF it will be interesting to see how much $$$ they throw at him. In the end I can't picture CLF going to Rutgers no matter how much money they wave at him.

Comment

Originally posted by blackattack View Post

Yep, you know Mike Bohn and the UC administration would gladly trade places with Rutgers so they could cash $50 million checks every year instead of $5 million. If Rutgers decides to go after CLF it will be interesting to see how much $$$ they throw at him. In the end I can't picture CLF going to Rutgers no matter how much money they wave at him.
            Luke will have much better options at P5 schools if he waits out the year. Tennessee, Fla State, UCLA, and 1-2 other traditional powers may have an opening. As for now, Luke is out coach and we are in agreement that he is unlikely to accept Rutgers, should they offer.
            Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Read an article somewhere that says Rutgers is not entitled to a full share of conference earnings until 2021:
              https://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/2..._could_pa.html
              The above is not the article but it shows that the athletic program is not exactly in great financial shape.

Article on UCF WR and upcoming game:
              http://www.southernsportstoday.com/n...to-cincinnati/

Comment

Living in NJ has given me a perspective concerning Rutgers. NJ plays great HS football. Look at the college rosters. The problem is that the last 2 governors vetoed all funds to upgrade the facilities and stadium. Who wants to go there. Rutgers may have cashed a check, but the money doesn't go for football either..

Comment

Luke Fickell’s name has come up in Bruce Feldman’s possible coaching changes. He’s actually first on the list. The suggestion is that if Dantonio retires or gets pushed that they would go after Fickell. Also suggests that he may wait and watch Ryan Day at tOSU. Day is an NFL guy and might jump there again.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

It's an interesting situation up there. Dantonio is not the type of personality from my read of him that he would ever step away unless it was as a winner. Given Msu's highly public financial issues with the big legal settlement, i'm guessing he's there another year. Time will tell.

Comment

Does anyone know what Dantonio's contract situation is currently?
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                        Does anyone know what Dantonio's contract situation is currently?
                        Two year old data says $7 million buy out, on a rolling renewable 6 year contract (data from another article on Mark's salary which also said if he leaves his buyout is only $875,000).

https://saturdaytradition.com/big-te...en-head-coach/
                        Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

It's an interesting situation up there. Dantonio is not the type of personality from my read of him that he would ever step away unless it was as a winner. Given Msu's highly public financial issues with the big legal settlement, i'm guessing he's there another year. Time will tell.

Comment

Taggart gets canned at FSU. Nice to get 17 million for doing a lousy job.

Likely candiate is Mike Stoops at UK which I think would be a mistake or Mike Norvell at Memphis. Not sure if either them know the Florida recruiting landscape all that well.
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

What did Taggart make like 1mm per month? LOL, FSU brutal.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X