No announcement yet.

Coaching Carousel '19-20

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It’s my understanding that FSU is still paying Jimbo some cash owed him , paid 3 mill of Taggart’s buyout at Oregon and now owes him 17m plus they have to pay the new guy. Some state comptroller somewhere is going to have their head explode
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

On a side note, I really like what the ECU coach has done in Greenville. Mike Houston has won the FCS Championship (a la BK) and poaching an up-and-coming coach from within our conference could be a good thing. I like his intensity and X's and O's. The kids play hard and he will make his mark at this level. If Luke leaves, Mike wouldn't be a bad option if we can't keep Freeman.
      Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Another multimillionaire via buyout for Chad Morris at Arkansas. Saw this coming but I didn’t think Morris would be this bad in this job.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
          Another multimillionaire via buyout for Chad Morris at Arkansas. Saw this coming but I didn’t think Morris would be this bad in this job.
          Borrowing from Miami: Arkansas is the casket of coaches.

Comment

Gotta love all the dumpster fire football programs collecting "Power (grabbing) 5" money because they're in a particular conference.

Comment

Charlie Strong is out at USF
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Matt Luke is out at Ole MIss. Look for Mike Norvell at Memphis to get a look there as well.
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Steve Addazio is out at Boston Colllege

Fickell and Freeman both predicted to pop up in the BC search per Bruce Feldman

Pete Thamel is predicting FIckell will come up at Missouri, who fired Barry Odom this weekend.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

BC is a destination coaches go to oblivion. The Pats rule Boston. Not to mention you get about 90 days of summer in the Boston area if you're lucky. Nice place to visit, but i would not want to live there.

Comment

I really don’t see Fickell leaving UC for anything other than an elite program. Maybe I am naive, but he seems fairly rooted in Cincinnati. I think he’ll stick around until another ideal situation presents itself, much like UC was ideal for him when he came here.

Comment

Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post
                        I really don’t see Fickell leaving UC for anything other than an elite program. Maybe I am naive, but he seems fairly rooted in Cincinnati. I think he’ll stick around until another ideal situation presents itself, much like UC was ideal for him when he came here.
                        Losing to Memphis last week may have been a blessing in disguise, especially with our penalties. This is a young, talented team and I hope Luke is here to coach it next year because he can have one helluva year to springboard to one of those elite type programs. I truly think that youth and offensive line projects have been the primary contributors to high number of penalties, but until Luke gets his team playing with better discipline, he isn't getting sniffs at FSU/USC type programs, yet. If Luke goes for the money, can't blame him, but I agree he stays another year and gets a shot at Texas, Michigan St, Tennessee (ouch) or other elite programs that are in down stretches.
                        Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Chris Peterson has resigned at Washington pending the bowl game. The OC has been elevated to HC. Not an interim gig apparently

There's also what appears to be an erroneous report out there of MIke Leach leaving Wazzu for Ole Miss. Ole Miss gets intersting becuase you have have RichRod and Mike McIntyre on staff both of which were HCs at one point.

Tom Herman has fired everyone at Texas except himself.
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

Tom Herman has fired everyone at Texas except himself.
                            Remember when Texas was "back" last year? Yikes! Don't worry, they will be ranked in the top 15 next year no matter what.

Comment

Willie Fritz at Tulane is apparently talking to Arkansas but it sounds like he’d rather have the Mizzou opening
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Phil Montgomery has been retained by Tulsa.
                                Brent Wyrick
                                92 Final Four Front Row
                                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X