Ucf 10/4 8:00 espn

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
    Fantastic atmosphere for the game last night even on TV. Marcus Freeman is a damn genius. They were out of rythym all game.

I'm still getting used to the newly aggressive GoBearcats twitter account but this is getting reactions from other programs all over the country.

https://twitter.com/GoBEARCATS/statu...25839969423360
    The announced attendance was 40,000+ which got a big cheer and is basically all sold out (which was announced prior to the game). However, looking across to the visitors' side there appeared to be a number of "empty" seats. Maybe when you get past 80 and it's night time you can't make out people but it sure looked to me like there was room for any number of additional people over there - so was the "attendance" sold tickets or people actually in the stadium?

Anyhow, a great game, a terrific time, and super result. And the students stayed the whole time rushed the field, etc. The more we have games like this and with these results, the more likely those students who stay in the Cincinnati area will become life long season tickets holders - only get better and better for UC athletics (like honoring Jordan Thompson and the other young lady).

Comment

In addition, I'd argue that the Bearcat defense won this game on the first two UCF drives by holding them to field goals.
      I very much agree with this. UCF was clobbering us in all areas. At one point, they had an 8 minute to 1 minute possession advantage. At another, they had 250 total yards and we had less than 100. And yet, they had almost nothing to show for it. That only let our confidence build and made them very nervous.

I would also say halftime adjustments were huge.

Comment

For those watching at home, did the announcers say anything about the officiating? It seemed very one-sided last night.
        Former KMart Ball Boy

Comment

Originally posted by richard k. View Post

The announced attendance was 40,000+ which got a big cheer and is basically all sold out (which was announced prior to the game). However, looking across to the visitors' side there appeared to be a number of "empty" seats. Maybe when you get past 80 and it's night time you can't make out people but it sure looked to me like there was room for any number of additional people over there - so was the "attendance" sold tickets or people actually in the stadium?

Anyhow, a great game, a terrific time, and super result. And the students stayed the whole time rushed the field, etc. The more we have games like this and with these results, the more likely those students who stay in the Cincinnati area will become life long season tickets holders - only get better and better for UC athletics (like honoring Jordan Thompson and the other young lady).
          The club seats a lot of folks stand up by the bars etc so not everyone stays in there seats as you can get a good view from the "club". That said, it was about as big a home field advantage as you'll get. A Ucf fan i talked to in the bathroom said as much. I've never heard it that loud in there for 4 qtrs. If there were recruits in there, they had to be impressed. Place looks great at night when it's full, and even better on tv.

Comment

The Knights ran an incredible 53 plays on offense in the first half, but came away with one TD and three FG's. It was bend, but don't break.

Comment

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post
              The Knights ran an incredible 53 plays on offense in the first half, but came away with one TD and three FG's. It was bend, but don't break.
              The pass interference call on the first drive(iffy call as ball was not catchable) and the roughing the kicker call probably accounted for allowing about 20 of those extra plays. Big, big calls but the d kept it close.

Comment

Originally posted by CroninCrazy View Post
                For those watching at home, did the announcers say anything about the officiating? It seemed very one-sided last night.
                Nope. Agreed with picking up the targeting call and the third down at the end of the game was very, very close. They disagreed with the pass interference call as the ball was uncatchable and the foul occurred away from the play. But all in all I think the officials called a reasonable game.

Comment

That Pass was Way Uncatchable. Terrible call. Also speaking of the refs, what the heck happened at the end of that game? That next level awful. I'm not into league/ref conspiracies but wow.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

That 61 yard run by Warren put him over 2000 yards for his Bearcat career
                    And got a Yahoo article written about it, by Pete Thamel. The article includes a video of the middle-to-end of the run where The Truck faked one defender then side-stepped to force two defenders to block each other. That run was incredible; he seems to have at least one of those each game.

https://sports.yahoo.com/this-michael-warren-run-just-buried-uc-fs-ny-6-hopes-and-might-lift-cincy-to-new-territory-042501839.html

Comment

Not sure why that link didn't work. Try this one.

https://sports.yahoo.com/this-michae...042501839.html
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by UC4me View Post

I very much agree with this. UCF was clobbering us in all areas. At one point, they had an 8 minute to 1 minute possession advantage. At another, they had 250 total yards and we had less than 100. And yet, they had almost nothing to show for it. That only let our confidence build and made them very nervous.

I would also say halftime adjustments were huge.
                        I think this was a lot due to the cushion that was being given early in the game. Bryant was giving 10 yards of cushion on every snap to GD and was getting eaten up on it. I think this was the way UC wanted to play him because of his speed. So, when we got to the red zone, they tightened the coverage up and pressed more. This took away the passes they had when they would march down the field. Later in the game, especially the 2nd half, they were playing press on the receivers and daring them to beat us deep. That's when we started getting pressure on the QB and we took over. Late in the 4th, we gave that cushion back in the prevent defense and they took it to the house for a touchdown. I thought that was the key to the game.

Comment

Also, My game ball goes to Darrick Forrest. That guy had a **** of a game. Great tackling and was all over the field anticipating plays. Great Job Mr Forrest!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gilenerm View Post
                            Also, My game ball goes to Darrick Forrest. That guy had a **** of a game. Great tackling and was all over the field anticipating plays. Great Job Mr Forrest!!
                            DFoe had 16, count 'em up, 16 tackles in that game. That's ridiculous.
                            Last edited by Lobot; 10-07-2019, 06:37 PM.
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Oddly enough the AAC gave defensive player of the week to Jarell White. Not that I'm complaining.

James Smith gets Special Teams player of the week.
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Some post game articles on Fickell and Film breakdown. ($)

https://theathletic.com/1269804/2019...-defining-win/

https://theathletic.com/1276158/2019...-upset-of-ucf/
                                Brent Wyrick
                                92 Final Four Front Row
                                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X