X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post
    Here's an interesting take on Friday night from the UCF perspective:

https://www.floridafootballinsiders....in-cincinnati/
    Interesting that Wimbush, the ND QB transfer who started the season as the QB is now possibly going to be playing WR tomorrow. Not sure what kind of trick plays he could be involved with.

Comment

Justin williams signalling that the Cats really don't have a signature win under Fickell outside of UCLA last year and thE UCF game would be the one. ($)

https://theathletic.com/1264847/2019...-luke-fickell/
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Game day!!!!
        Former KMart Ball Boy

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
          Justin williams signalling that the Cats really don't have a signature win under Fickell outside of UCLA last year and thE UCF game would be the one. ($)

https://theathletic.com/1264847/2019...-luke-fickell/
          While I agree there have not been many, I would think last year's win vs Virginia Tech in the Military Bowl would count

Comment

Originally posted by GoCats1994 View Post

While I agree there have not been many, I would think last year's win vs Virginia Tech in the Military Bowl would count
            I think VT under Beamer in previous years would have been good for this spot but last year's Fuente edition was well below average for a VT team.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I think VT under Beamer in previous years would have been good for this spot but last year's Fuente edition was well below average for a VT team.
              I would still consider beating VT in a bowl game to be more of a signature win than either UCLA win.
              ...a fountain of eternal youth, a tower of strength, a rock of truth...

Comment

Tonight’s UCF game has been announced as a sellout.
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

OMG. What a game. The defense came up huge. Pass rush, passes defended, turnovers. Glad to see Ridder back to last years form. As we continue to improve, especially in the offensive line, our opponents need to watch out.

Comment

Great game, with the real difference being the turnovers created by the defense. I hope Coach Fickell stays here forever, Marcus Freeman is looking like a great young coach who could slot right in.

Comment

I totally agree Great Game and Win! Things that need to be corrected: 1. Totally unnecessary penalties, especially the two on the two UCF's early drives that UC forced a forth down but turned into first downs. 2. I still hate to see the team try to run out the clock at the end of game without trying to add to their lead ... It almost came back to bit them. After a dominating defense in the second half, UC allowed that easy 30 second UCF drive for a touchdown. Thank goodness UC captured the onside kick or it could have been disastrous! 3. Ridder, in his second year, is still looking to only one receiver. The defense can see where he is going to throw it.

Comment

Fantastic atmosphere for the game last night even on TV. Marcus Freeman is a damn genius. They were out of rythym all game.

I'm still getting used to the newly aggressive GoBearcats twitter account but this is getting reactions from other programs all over the country.

https://twitter.com/GoBEARCATS/statu...25839969423360

Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Solid win in all aspects of the game. The atmosphere was fantastic & the students stayed the whole game again.
                          Coach Fickel for president!

Comment

Here's the official stats from GoBearcats. (PDF).

https://gobearcats.com/documents/201...N1004_Book.pdf
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Big Big game. This is going to be a measuring stick for us. They are beatable but the offense has to keep up with theirs and that's a tall task. Pitt beat them 2 weeks ago and won it on a trick play. It was a fight for Pitt.

Box of that game is here: https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...meId=401112461

If everyone's healthy on D I think we might be ok there. Narduzzi at PItt is a defensive guy for those who don't remember him as Dantonio's DC here. He hard a time slowing them down but I like Fickell and Marcus Freeman's ability to game plan on D a little better. The surprising thing was the UCF D couldn't stop PItt. Pitt has almost 200 yards rushing in that game and 300 passing.

I think we have to eliminate turnovers and offensive penalties in this game if at all possible. Have to stay ahead of the sticks on offense.

We have to opportunistic on the back end against their passing game without taking too much risk and giving up chunk yardage. have to be able tackle in space against their speed. I would like to see us disguise coverages and blitzes against Dillon Gabriel. Gabriel's good in this offense but he's still a true freshman.

Sam Crosa need to bring his A game. Need every available point.

Nippert needs to be loud from the opening kick and stay that way all game.

Retrospective on myself:

Fickell and Freeman game plan was very good.

We didn't eliminate turnovers but we did win the turnover battle.

Back end of the defense was spot on. Really didn't see any blown coverages and didn't give up a ton of big plays

We gave up a lot of yardage to Gabriel Davis but he was the only one doing a ton of damage. Not very many chunk plays for UCF

Tackling in space was pretty good I thought. I can only remember a couple of bad tackles in the game that led to extra yards

Blitzes were confusing Gabriel a good portion of the night.

Sam Crosa brought his A game.

NIppert was rocking.

In addition, I'd argue that the Bearcat defense won this game on the first two UCF drives by holding them to field goals.

Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

That 61 yard run by Warren put him over 2000 yards for his Bearcat career
                                Brent Wyrick
                                92 Final Four Front Row
                                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X