Ucf 10/4 8:00 espn

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ucf 10/4 8:00 espn

Big Big game. This is going to be a measuring stick for us. They are beatable but the offense has to keep up with theirs and that's a tall task. Pitt beat them 2 weeks ago and won it on a trick play. It was a fight for Pitt.

Box of that game is here: https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...meId=401112461

If everyone's healthy on D I think we might be ok there. Narduzzi at PItt is a defensive guy for those who don't remember him as Dantonio's DC here. He hard a time slowing them down but I like Fickell and Marcus Freeman's ability to game plan on D a little better. The surprising thing was the UCF D couldn't stop PItt. Pitt has almost 200 yards rushing in that game and 300 passing.

I think we have to eliminate turnovers and offensive penalties in this game if at all possible. Have to stay ahead of the sticks on offense.

We have to opportunistic on the back end against their passing game without taking too much risk and giving up chunk yardage. have to be able tackle in space against their speed. I would like to see us disguise coverages and blitzes against Dillon Gabriel. Gabriel's good in this offense but he's still a true freshman.

Sam Crosa need to bring his A game. Need every available point.

Nippert needs to be loud from the opening kick and stay that way all game.
    Last edited by Lobot; 09-30-2019, 08:44 AM.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
    Big Big game. This is going to be a measuring stick for us. They are beatable but the offense has to keep up with theirs and that's a tall task. Pitt beat them 2 weeks ago and won it on a trick play. It was a fight for Pitt.

Box of that game is here: https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...meId=401112461

If everyone's healthy on D I think we might be ok there. Narduzzi at PItt is a defensive guy for those who don't remember him as Dantonio's DC here. He hard a time slowing them down but I like Fickell and Marcus Freeman's ability to game plan on D a little better. The surprising thing was the UCF D couldn't stop PItt. Pitt has almost 200 yards rushing in that game and 300 passing.

I think we have to eliminate turnovers and offensive penalties in this game if at all possible. Have to stay ahead of the sticks on offense.

We have to opportunistic on the back end against their passing game without taking too much risk and giving up chunk yardage. have to be able tackle in space against their speed. I would like to see us disguise coverages and blitzes against Dillon Gabriel. Gabriel's good in this offense but he's still a true freshman.

Sam Crosa need to bring his A game. Need every available point.

Nippert needs to be loud from the opening kick and stay that way all game.
    The game begins at 8 p.m.

B.C.
    "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

Thanks. fixed.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I liked how our offense and defense played in the road this weekend. UCF had their avenge game against UConn. Marshall is a much better team than to lose to another team with who there is supposed to be parity. Did we "fix" our gsme to play top 25 elite, did they have a bad game that slipped away early, or are they broken?

I think UC is on verge of being that good, plus we hit on all cylinders Sat. Friday night in Clifton is going to be excellent
        Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

The offense needs to be on. Ucf will give up points as they've done against the D1 schools they've played so you have to take advantage. You're not going to shut them out with their speed. Big game for the offense. They have to be hitting on all cylinders at home to have a chance.

Comment

Their passing game worries me. They have great WRs and a talented QB with a great arm even though he's a freshman. Our DBs will be tested early in this one. I just hope the injury bug at that position early this year doesn't hurt us here. We definitely need to control the clock this game and that means using our strength of running the ball. Glad to see Doaks back last week as that will add depth and change of pace in the backfield. OL needs to have a good game too. Marshall wasn't a stellar D-Line team and they were able to get to the QB for pressure at times. UCF is going to be much better, so those Hogmollies need to step it up and have a sound game.

Comment

Anyone need tickets for this game? I have a pair.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

A very winnable game for Cincinnati. We must understand that UCF will score, but the team can’t get discouraged.

Comment

Anyone need tickets for this game? I have a pair.
                  Tickets are claimed
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Did anyone download the UC app?

There is supposed to be a light show that syncs with your phone when the Bearcats take the field called "Cincinnati Lights".
                    Former KMart Ball Boy

Comment

Just did. It asks to be able to use your camera and microphone.

Comment

Here's an interesting take on Friday night from the UCF perspective:

https://www.floridafootballinsiders....in-cincinnati/

Comment

Originally posted by ME80 View Post
                          Just did. It asks to be able to use your camera and microphone.
                          yeah I’d tell it no on that but the app should still work
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by CroninCrazy View Post
                            Did anyone download the UC app?

There is supposed to be a light show that syncs with your phone when the Bearcats take the field called "Cincinnati Lights".
                            yes, looking forward to trying it tomorrow night.
                            Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

yeah I’d tell it no on that but the app should still work
                              Based on what I read it will not use WIFI or cell service to sync (which is good in that stadium) but the app will be set in motion based on the sound system at the stadium. This will be totally cool if enough people use it.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X