No announcement yet.

Ucf 10/4 8:00 espn

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So in the Press Conference today. Fickell stated that on Warren's 60 yard run, the offense was not supposed to snap the ball. They were going to let the 3Q clock run out. Offense ran a play on their own.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Greg7173 View Post

Nope. Agreed with picking up the targeting call and the third down at the end of the game was very, very close. They disagreed with the pass interference call as the ball was uncatchable and the foul occurred away from the play. But all in all I think the officials called a reasonable game.
      I watched a replay of the game on ESPN.com The two 1st quarter pass interference calls were actually defensive holding calls, and they were valid. Defensive holding doesn't matter if the ball is catchable or not. The roughing the kicker was also a correct call. What got me was a UCF pass between the two defensive holding calls; the receiver did not have control of the ball, the UC defenders were waving it off, but the refs let UCF get a quick snap off for the next down.

Another bad call was on Ridder's interception. They called Unnecessary roughness on UC #77. It was a pure BS call and gave UCF 15 more yards, eventually leading to a TD.

At the end of the game, Warren clearly had the distance for the 1st down, on the 2nd down run. Even the announcers couldn't believe the spot, nor the challenge result.
      Last edited by Barklee; 10-08-2019, 09:29 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by Barklee View Post

I watched a replay of the game on ESPN.com The two 1st quarter pass interference calls were actually defensive holding calls, and they were valid. Defensive holding doesn't matter if the ball is catchable or not. The roughing the kicker was also a correct call. What got me was a UCF pass between the two defensive holding calls; the receiver did not have control of the ball, the UC defenders were waving it off, but the refs let UCF get a kick snap off for the next down.

Another bad call was on Ridder's interception. They called Unnecessary roughness on UC #77. It was a pure BS call and gave UCF 15 more yards, eventually leading to a TD.

At the end of the game, Warren clearly had the distance for the 1st down, on the 2nd down run. Even the announcers couldn't believe the spot, nor the challenge result.
        That's what I was wondering with Warren; from the field level view, it looked like he made it.
        Former KMart Ball Boy

Comment

I thought he made it both times. It looked obvious from where I was sitting. The only thing I can think of on the 3rd down try is the referee thought the ball was in his left hand. But the review shown in the stadium clearly showed the ball in his right hand. They made the same third down on three straight plays. The refs were probably relieved to be taken off the hook when Ridder finally made the 1st down.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X