No announcement yet.

Marshall 9/28 5:00 FB Watch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

James Smith had an excellent game. 50.3 yds/punt with a long of 52. That’s consistency.

Comment

J. Jackson had a catch, but Pierce was open all day so he got the bulk of the balls. I suspect teams will prioritize Pierce going forward and we'll see the ball distributed around more. The coaches did a great job of isolating who to pick on in the Marshall secondary. Helps to have a few game films and two weeks off to prepare.

Comment

Wow. Didn't expect this type of domination at all. I didn't make the trip nor did I tune in via FB, but just looking at the numbers Ridder was absolutely on fire.
        Let's take the fight to UCF.......they're beatable

Comment

It was interesting yesterday as Ridder looked far more comfortable out there in the offense than he did in the first 3 games which was a pleasant surprise. Whether it was the extra week of preparation, or they made things simpler for him i don't know. I'll be curious to see how he looks Friday night. Other than an ill advised lateral at the 5 yard line which could have been disaster, his decision making was pretty flawless.

Comment

Marshall's defensive backs were pretty bad giving a lot of cushion all day. They had a lot of short passes wide open and Pierce and Tucker burned them on the deep passes. The Bryant pass to Tucker was one of the prettiest passes I've seen all year!! Our line still had issues especially when our center went out (fumbled snap late with Bryant in). Lots of early penalties again, but cleaned it up in the 2nd half. Our Defense looked great and kept them contained all day (until our backups came in, lol).

Comment

Originally posted by Gilenerm View Post
              Marshall's defensive backs were pretty bad giving a lot of cushion all day. They had a lot of short passes wide open and Pierce and Tucker burned them on the deep passes. The Bryant pass to Tucker was one of the prettiest passes I've seen all year!! Our line still had issues especially when our center went out (fumbled snap late with Bryant in). Lots of early penalties again, but cleaned it up in the 2nd half. Our Defense looked great and kept them contained all day (until our backups came in, lol).
              I'm not sure that fumbled snap wasn't part Ben. Ben got nailed in the head on a missed targeting call right before that play. Probably had his bell rung and wasn't totally with it on that snap.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

I'm not sure that fumbled snap wasn't part Ben. Ben got nailed in the head on a missed targeting call right before that play. Probably had his bell rung and wasn't totally with it on that snap.
                Seeing a bunch of Tweetie birds probably didn't help that much, lol. It just looked like the ball wasn't snapped all the way or they weren't in sync. Very possible though that Ben was a little out of it.

Comment

Marshall just scored at 0:36 to win at FAU, 36-31. So, a minor plus for UC.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X