Marshall 9/28 5:00 FB Watch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall 9/28 5:00 FB Watch

Couple of firsts here. I don't think we've ever played a game at 5:00. That's just a weird start time. Also I think this marks the first time we've had a game streaming on Facebook which is just odd frankly.

That said, Marshall is good. They coughed up an L at Boise St last week but played reasonably well on a long road trip. They play Ohio U tonight. It does not appear that game will be televised anywhere but If I find it streaming , I'll let everyone know.

They lost their starting RB to discipline issues this week. The QB they had that beat the Tuberville led version of UC is gone. They are exactly balanced going into tonight's game 396/396 over 2 games.

More later...
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

According to Marshall's website. Tonightt's game with OU will stream on Facebook.

Comment

Marshall fell behind OH in the 4th quarter, 31-27, but rallied late to win, 33-31 (missed PAT). The Herd, like the Cats, are off next weekend.

Comment

Here's the stats post Ohio U game. Still fairly balanced with a little skew toward the run.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...stats/_/id/276

Found some video and highlights over at Stadium.

https://watchstadium.com/?s=marshall
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Mailbag article from Justin WIliams. Some good stuff and analsysis in here: ($):

https://theathletic.com/1225392/2019...lbag-concerns/
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Quite a few articles from the Enquirer this past week if you missed them. Some are ($):

https://www.cincinnati.com/sports/uc/
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

It looks like this game will only be available on Facebook Watch, not on CBSSN. Maybe it's just me, maybe I'm the last holdout, but having to signup for Facebook, which I have never done, and give them my personal information, which they'll sell over and over, is not worth it just to watch a football game. If I can watch without an account I will, otherwise the **** with it. I get that a lot of games will be on ESPN+ in the next contract, and I'll have to sign up for that, but signing up for FB is a different story. I won't do it.

https://gobearcats.com/sports/2019/9...ook-watch.aspx
              Last edited by longtimefan; 09-23-2019, 02:23 PM.

Comment

That is correct. Just found that out myself.
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I just went through the process of installing the app on AppleTV. Pretty painless but you do have to have an FB account and a phone to authorize the app.

Im with Longtimefan. If you don’t have an FB account currently, this game is not worth throwing what’s left of your privacy out the window IMO.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

The streaming rights are with Facebook, but my understanding is that CBSSN still will have the game regionally for Cable subscribers. If you are a YouTube TV guy like myself, you won't get the game as it is a streaming service, not cable. A good time to go to a bar that has cable or satellite and watch it.

Comment

I highly recommend YouTube TV. Has most of the sports networks, including CBS Sports. Reasonable cost; good service; loads quickly. Cancel anytime, and easily restart next FB season.

B.C.
                      "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

Yeah they need my phone for two factor authentication (ha!) and now they have phone number which will be sold to more and more sales call lists. Yeah just not drinking the FB koolaid myself either.

If its not on cable and I cant see it at a bar...then I guess Ill listen on radio.

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel View Post
                          Yeah they need my phone for two factor authentication (ha!) and now they have phone number which will be sold to more and more sales call lists. Yeah just not drinking the FB koolaid myself either.

If its not on cable and I cant see it at a bar...then I guess Ill listen on radio.
                          There are a few bars locally broadcasting the game.
                          Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel View Post

There's a way around the phone number thing. You can use a third party authenticator app instead like Google Authenticator, Authy or MS Authenticator. You're still giving your phone number to someone to set up the app but it least it's not Facebook.
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

There are a few bars locally broadcasting the game.
                              This is what I'd rather do. Give my money to local establishment; tip a local versus giving money to a company like FB.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X