Time to move on; UC-Miami Predictions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to move on; UC-Miami Predictions

.... But I must make one final comment about the O$U game...... even past average UC teams played much better against them; this being the worst loss, all with a UC team I thought was amongst the best in many years; that is why this one hurt so much. Anyway.....

OK, the Vegas line has UC by 18 or so.

My Prediction, as I do believe "the rath of the Bearcats" will fall upon the Redhawks this Saturday:

UC: 38
    Miami: 10

B.C.
    "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

UC "should" win without much of a scare.

Bearcats 28
    Redhawks 14
    Cory Huffman
    Cin City

Comment

I just haven't seen much out of the offense the first two weeks to give me any kind of mojo that we are "explosive" this year.
      Cory Huffman
      Cin City

Comment

Well said Chris. I expected a better showing, not a win. Oh well, my love for the Bearcats have given me great lows and great highs over the past 30+ years; there will be more highs to come.

UC - 41

Redskins - 18
        Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Uc 31 mu 18

Comment

Originally posted by loshow22 View Post
            I just haven't seen much out of the offense the first two weeks to give me any kind of mojo that we are "explosive" this year.
            That's because we aren't. We have all the TEs in the world but the receiving corps needs to show up. I expected more from Jayshon Jackson at this point. Pierce had a great game against OSU but he was really the only one. We've got guys hurt but even with them healthy I'm not sure you could call us explosive unless the opponents back end is not good. One of the slot receivers needs to be a 3rd down guy. The other teams are going to figure out that Deguara's the 3rd target every series eventually.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

That's because we aren't. We have all the TEs in the world but the receiving corps needs to show up. I expected more from Jayshon Jackson at this point. Pierce had a great game against OSU but he was really the only one. We've got guys hurt but even with them healthy I'm not sure you could call us explosive unless the opponents back end is not good. One of the slot receivers needs to be a 3rd down guy. The other teams are going to figure out that Deguara's the 3rd target every series eventually.
              I know it’s a cliche to say “If we play well in all 3 phases and don’t turn it over”........but that’s what this team has to do to win. Anyway if we do that, I think we win by 6-10 points.

Im glad you brought up the TE’s. We have a bunch of big, physical TIght Ends and barely used them against OSU. When it became obvious early in the game that our tackles couldn’t block their Defensive Ends, I wanted to see us try some double TE sets to either run the ball or try play action out of. Oh well. OSU’s ends are scary quick and it probably wouldn’t have worked but I thought it was worth a try
              Last edited by blackattack; 09-10-2019, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

Maybe if/when Blue Smith gets healthy he will add a new dimension since he's a bigger target. It could force the defensive backfields to be a little more honest about the deep threats and that'll open up more space for Truck. First two weeks and UCLA-OSU have gunned for the run attack.
                Cory Huffman
                Cin City

Comment

The overwhelming majority of college fball teams have to run the ball in order to have an explosive offense. We didn't move the ball on the ground week 2 so throw that in with all the other factors including their defense is very good and obviously the offense looks flat. We've got plenty of good receivers and we'll look a heck of lot better in any of these games if we can move the ball on the ground. If not, all the skilled players in the world are not going to help as they're going to tee off on Ridder. You have to have balance to keep teams on their heels. We just couldn't push or stay with their defensive front. I'll be curious to see if that happens to us again this year. Hope not.

Comment

This game really scares me. As many anticipated, our offensive line has not looked great which has really hurt the run game. Couple that with bad decisions in the red zone and a defense that is starting to lose players, I think we are in for a dog fight. I would expect this game to be close 24-21 with UC barely coming out on top.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X