@LobotC2DFW

Comment

Malik Vann says red. Don’t cross Malik Vann 😂
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Geaux Juan View Post

Well, call me Johnny Yuma (some will understand), but I'm sticking with "Come Early. Be loud. Wear BLACK"!
        I like to wear black to this game since Miami colors are Red and White. Black just looks much more intimidating and won't cross with their colors.
        Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by Geaux Juan View Post

Well, call me Johnny Yuma (some will understand), but I'm sticking with "Come Early. Be loud. Wear BLACK"!
          Are you saying you're a rebel?
          ...a fountain of eternal youth, a tower of strength, a rock of truth...

Comment

Liitle profile on Darrick Forest Jr. before game time ($)

https://theathletic.com/1203066/2019...njuries-mount/
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

A couple articles about the game:

Athletic ($):

https://theathletic.com/1206572/2019...-blowout-loss/

BCJ (Free one I think): https://247sports.com/college/cincin...ell-135510440/
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

As you visit the campus, stop by the Oscar Robertson statue and check the new All-American paving stones that were put in. They honor MBB, WBB and VB All-Americans from UC.
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Goodness finally got on the board but the O line is not good
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Watching on TV. It looks like "wear red" won.

Biggest upset of the day in football, so far: newly promoted Norwich City 3, defending champs Manchester City 2
                    Last edited by Carin's Dad; 09-14-2019, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Who knew the play of the game was going to be a neutral zone infraction on Wiami (They spelled it that way, not me.) . Broke the game open.
                      Last edited by Lobot; 09-14-2019, 04:47 PM.
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I hate noon games. Team comes out asleep at the wheel every time. I don't think they woke up until about 7:00 in the 2nd Qtr. No way Miami should have been able to push around our line on both sides of the ball around like that regardless of how our O line was playing. Good thing the adrenaline wore off.

I don't think we're going to fix that O line issue anytime soon. lack of experienced bodies. If anything it will get worse because eventually someone's going to get hurt up front. I just hope it's not Chris Ferguson.

Speaking of which I missed postgame. Anyone have info on Bryan Wright?

Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Offensive line has to grow up quick or we are in for deep trouble. Ridder is still looking like a red shirt freshman. He is to tenative when he takes off to run. Missing too many reads. Could be in trouble against Marshall and definitely against UCF.

Comment

Solid win for a change against MU.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg7173 View Post
                              Offensive line has to grow up quick or we are in for deep trouble. Ridder is still looking like a red shirt freshman. He is to tenative when he takes off to run. Missing too many reads. Could be in trouble against Marshall and definitely against UCF.
                              He was too eager to take off last year but with the line the way it is, he might be better served by pulling it down more.

He's missing defensive reads but more importantly he's been missing wide open receivers. On one play today, Deguara got a free release and no coverage and either Ridder didn't have a passing lane or he was determined to check down to Warren on the play. Never even looked at Josiah. Not the first time this year. Desmond's not Superman and we need to remember that he's a soph.
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Very workmen like performance. I have a lot of faith in Freeman and Fickell to adapt defensively to the opposition and they did a great job of it today. After a hot start, i think Miami barely cleared 200 yds of offense which is very solid. I'm not sure why, but it seemed early in the game Pitts was not on the field for a couple series and it showed. He has to be in there as he's our best pass rusher. Vann is coming, looks good. I don't want to brand Ridder right now with "sophmoreitis" but he's thinking way, way to much instead of just playing and trusting his instincts. I think he was thrown in there last year, and he didn't know any better other than play hard. Now that he's the man it looks to me that his preparation is getting the best of him, and he's thinking way to much. If you're going to run, put your head down and commit to it, if nobody i open get rid of the ball. However, my biggest head scratcher is what he's doing on the true option with Warren. Twice this year he's held the ball and basically backed up into Warren instead of stopping and pitching to him. Today Warren would have had a nice gain but Ridder basically took a sack. Almost led to a turnover in the Ucla game. Hopefully, the week off they can regroup with him. Marshall has a physical defense and they will come after him. That will be a tough game on the road. My guess is we're a slight underdog given the way we've played on offense. Pierce looks like a player out there if he can stay healthy. Same for Thomas. Need to take one on the road.
                                Last edited by coach; 09-14-2019, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X