No announcement yet.

Around the American '19-20

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought Memphis played well and wasn't an embarrassment. Penn State had a top 10 defense and they couldn't stop Memphis. Unfortunately Memphis couldn't stop PSU run game but it was a back and forth game all the way to the end. What will be another embarrassment to the league is if we lose to a middle of the pack ACC team that has lost it's coach and skill players on offense. This game shouldn't be close.

Comment

• Interesting development at Temple. Quincy Roche is in the transfer portal.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Navy beat Kansas State yesterday in the bowl game we should have played. But good win for the American.

Comment

• I have never seen such little discussion about a UC Bowl game! What a turd, us getting Birmingham, as we were just shy of getting the Cotton Bowl! I guess we got the "AAC Boobie Prize"!

I would have been in Memphis for sure. Still, glad Navy won. They are a very good team.

B.C.

"A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

• DMN reporting that Rhett Lashlee, the SMU OC, has vacated the city for the U.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• With the So Miss-Tulane game to kickoff in about 50 minutes, the AAC rest at 3-3 in their bowls:

FAU 52, SMU 28
              UCF 48, Marshall 25
              NC 55, Temple 13
              Penn St 53, Memphis 39
              Navy 20, KS State 17
              UC 38, BC 6

Comment

• Tulane started out slow but poured it on in the second half. Now lead Southern Miss 30-13 in the 3rd.
                ...a fountain of eternal youth, a tower of strength, a rock of truth...

Comment

• Originally posted by Pharmfam View Post
                  Tulane started out slow but poured it on in the second half. Now lead Southern Miss 30-13 in the 3rd.
                  USM jumped up 13-0 in the first, then the Wave took over. It ended with that same 30-13 score.

So, the AAC finished the bowl season 4-3 (2-2 versus P5 teams).

Comment

• Houston's D'Eriq King will predictably transfer somewhere instead of returning to Houston. I have no idea what's really going on down there and apparently neither does Holgorsen. I'd look for King to end up at Oklahoma.
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• D'Eriq King has apparently committed to the U this morning.
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• He must be talking to Nysier Brooks. LOL

Comment

• Looks like the reporter for this one, jumped the gun. He’s not committed
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• I'm having a hard time trying to figure out how UConn brass think their football program can survive as an FBS school. Here's today's article from the Courant that outlines how bad the stadium financial situation is. The Huskies drew fewer than 10,000 per game this year.

https://www.courant.com/business/hc-...4y4-story.html

Comment

• Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post
                              I'm having a hard time trying to figure out how UConn brass think their football program can survive as an FBS school. Here's today's article from the Courant that outlines how bad the stadium financial situation is. The Huskies drew fewer than 10,000 per game this year.

https://www.courant.com/business/hc-...4y4-story.html
                              And "they" really think attendance will get better, as what? As a football independent in New England?, As a member of the Yankee Conference? My guess is they drop back to 1AA and the stadium will average 4-5,000 for their games, if that.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X