No announcement yet.

Around the American '19-20

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More on the Cougars taking advantage of the rules. Gotta love the Dana quote "I think the NCAA is a little upset with me right now". The transfer/ free agency in college football is a joke and I admire Dana taking full advantage of the broken system if all redshirting players actually return.

https://247sports.com/Article/Colleg...end-136448606/
    Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post
      More on the Cougars taking advantage of the rules. Gotta love the Dana quote "I think the NCAA is a little upset with me right now". The transfer/ free agency in college football is a joke and I admire Dana taking full advantage of the broken system if all redshirting players actually return.

https://247sports.com/Article/Colleg...end-136448606/
      This is the type of thing that Fickell and Chris Ash pulled with the Summer camp stuff a couple of years ago. It's a loophole in a well meaning bylaw that will get closed now that someone's discovered it. They're going to have to limit the redshirt rule to freshman and injury cases again.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

If Uconn beats USF today I would expect Charlie Strong to be fired in the morning.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

USF'S Johnny Ford, The leading receiver and RB has been suspended indefinitely.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Half: USF 27, @ UConn 14. Charlie Strong still has his job at this point.
            Half: Tulane 21, @ Army 14

Comment

The Bulls trucked the hapless Huskies, 48-22.

The Wave are blowing out Army late, 42-21.

Comment

Final: Tulane 42, Army 33

Comment

Memphis is currently having some issue with UL-Monroe in Louisiana. 14-10 early in the 2nd.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

The Tigers held a 39-26 lead with under seven minutes left. ULM scored to cut it to 39-33. Then, the roof collapsed on the War Hawks. On the first play from scrimmage after the ULM TD, the UM RB went 67 yards to score. Then, a Pick 6, followed by a short-field drive to finish it up 52-33.

Comment

Unreal finish in Tulsa-SMU game. Trailing, 30-9, in the 4th quarter, the Mustangs scored three TD's and sent the game to OT. Both teams scored TD's in the 1st OT. Then, SMU fumbled, but Tulsa missed a 42-yard FG, sending it to a third OT. Tulsa missed another 42-yard FG and SMU went for it all on first down. Ruled OB, but reversed on review. Final in 3 OT: SMU 43-37.

Comment

Weird play earlier in the SMU game where Tulsa kicked deep and the KO returners got confused. No one fielded the ball. Tulsa gunner dove on the ball and rolled into the endzone for a TD.
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Week 7 scoreboard:

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ntype/2/week/7

Memphis at Temple looks pretty important about now.

Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Great game in Philly. The Owls held off the Tigers, 30-28. Memphis fell behind, 13-0, in the first quarter, then turned it over for the third time in the second. All three led to FG's and Temple led, 16-0. Then, UM mounted a comeback, but could never get on top. So, Temple remain unbeaten in the AAC East.

BYU must not be very good this year. The Cougars blew an early 10-0 lead at Raymond James Stadium and lost to mediocre USF, 27-23. Saved Charlie's job again for another week.

This just in: The Huskies are really bad. And, Tulane is pretty good. Final in NOLA: Wave 49, Huskies 7.

The Cats next opponent, Tulsa, have been unable to keep up with Navy's option attack and trail early in the fourth quarter, 35-10. The Hurricane have amassed a grand total of 178 yards thus far. UC should take care of business against Tulsa next Saturday, but need to keep away from the sloppy pre-snap penalties, so that they don't continue to be a problem going forward.

Comment

Week 8

Temple at SMU. Huge

Memphis vs. Tulane. Big

Keep an eye on Navy. After an off year they're 4-1 going into this week.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...type/2/week/8#
                              Last edited by Lobot; 10-18-2019, 08:34 AM.
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Bye week Scoreboard for week 9:

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...type/2/week/9#

SMU should light up Houston

UCF at Temple will tell us a lot about Temple going forward. I'd like to see UCF win this one so we hold the tie breaker if we win out.

UConn has a chance to beat an FBS team when they play UMass, who is also 1-6. I'm tempted to watch this just for the inepitude level.
                                Brent Wyrick
                                92 Final Four Front Row
                                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X