No announcement yet.

Around the American '19-20

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UCF needs to dig a little deeper. down 21-10 at the half.

Edit: They took my advice. If you didn't see Otis Anderson's 86 yd. punt return, look for it.
    Last edited by Carin's Dad; 09-21-2019, 05:55 PM.

Comment

UCF loses in the last minute 35-34 after taking the lead. SMU beat TCU in OT 41-38.

Comment

Very impressed with UCF's team speed.

B.C.

"A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

SMU and TCU did not disappoint. I think SMU is real threat to win the West Division. They've got their QB in Texas transfer Shane Beuchele and their new DC has the defense playing much btetter than in recent years.

UCF should have beaten Pitt after getting down 21-7, roaring back and taking a lead in that game. They lost in the closing seconds on the Philly Special play by Pitt. (Throw back to the QB)
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Interesting slate of Games for week 5

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ntype/2/week/5

Navy At Memphis which is usually very entertaining.

Temple against GT. GT has already beaten USF this season.

USF is at home against SMU. Based on the perfromance of SMU this past weekend plus the death spiral that USF is in, I'd say SMU should blow them out.

Don't be surprised of ODU beats ECU.

The last edition of the Civil ConFLiCT is upon us from Orlando. I expect a pinball score from UCF in this one.

Houston at North Texas. This game sounds like Houston would walk through it but UNT is really pretty good. They have a really good QB in Mason Fine. Fine reminds me of Kyler Murray. Short but he can really sling the ball around. This may depend on whether UNT can play defense against D'Eriq King.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Houston got a little bit simpler to defend. Odd move, must not like Holgorsen:

https://247sports.com/Article/DEriq-...sen-136025561/

Comment

Looks like it’s going to be more than just King. King said it’s a whole bunch other guys as well. Renu Khator has gone on record saying she would fire a coach at 8-4. This should be interesting
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by coach View Post
                  Houston got a little bit simpler to defend. Odd move, must not like Holgorsen:

https://247sports.com/Article/DEriq-...sen-136025561/
                  Oklahoma 2020
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

The new play-four-and-still-redshirt rule is having some interesting twists to it; it's been a sword that cuts both ways.

Both King and Corbin say they'll be back to play for Houston in 2020; we'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by Geaux Juan View Post
                      The new play-four-and-still-redshirt rule is having some interesting twists to it; it's been a sword that cuts both ways.

Both King and Corbin say they'll be back to play for Houston in 2020; we'll see.
                      This is a strange story. Typically guys want to get out of college instead of sticking around longer.

Comment

Great writeup in The Athletic predicting King will be a Cougar next year as thry have 4 defensive players sitting out this year due to transferring in. Could be a significantly improved team next year on defense and now on offense.

I think the 4 game redshirt rule is horse hockey. It should be changed to be applied only to freshmen and sophomores without injuries and any player injured in first 4 games can automatically get medical redshirt, even if alrrady used redshirt year. It should also be expanded to all NCAA athletes. Simple change allows coaches to evaluate younger players and eliminate the college free agent. I also believe there aren't any cases where hardship waiver should apply: If a player transfers for hardship, then he should focus on righting the hardship as student first, athlete second.
                        Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Whats' going on at Houston is certainly not what the NCAA intended the rule be used for. Coaches have been asking for this rule for ages and it was mostly put in place to handle freshmen. I don't think that this rule promotes free agency but when you combine it with the transfer portal that's what you're getting.

Will these guy return to Houston? They say they will but it makes no sense on their part to do that. Why throw out a season unless they intended to go to grad school to begin with? Do they really to expect to be that much better as a team in 2020? Someone pointed out that D'Eriq King has had a different OC every year and another potential landing spot for him would be FSU where Kendal Briles is the OC.
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Or, if Tua bolts Bama for the NFL draft, there'd be an opening there.

Comment

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post
                              Or, if Tua bolts Bama for the NFL draft, there'd be an opening there.
                              Tua’s Brother is next on the depth chart . He’s supposed to just as good.
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Week 6 - Weird record edition

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ntype/2/week/6

By weird record I mean ECU and Temple.

ECU's is 3-2 with victories over ODU, Gardner Webb and WIlliam & Mary. I'd call them out for their schedule but I think one of those games was a filler for the VT contract that VT canceled on them after they refused to play in a hurricane last year.

Temple on the other hand has beaten a then ranked Maryland, GT but lost to Buffalo. Games in Greenville tonight so anything goes I guess.

If you'd like to weatch the UCF UConn toilet bowl at 12:00 on Saturday go for it. Someone has to win eventually.
                                Brent Wyrick
                                92 Final Four Front Row
                                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X