UC - UCLA Predictions!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UC - UCLA Predictions!

OK folks, it’s time for predictions again!

I think UC is going to roll Thursday night, and this game is not going to be as close as you might imagine. I hope I am right.

UC: 38
    UCLA: 17

B.C.
    "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Bearcats come out smoking!!!

31-17 Bearcats
    Cory Huffman
    Cin City

Comment

I think the game is going to be closer than most people think. UC 35 UCLA 31.

Comment

I think UC wins a close one with fans staying to end of 4th quarter as the UCLA offense will be one of the toughest ones we play all season. That said, I think our secondary experience will limit the big plays or eliminate big plays, but UCLA will be efficient moving the ball between the 20's. Our offensive line will be effective enough against the depleted UCLA defense.

UC - 34
        UCLA - 30
        Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Hopefully our defense does not give up 30 points at home.

Comment

The above 34-30 prediction might be accurate...I think Kelly will pull out all the stops to get a W...the Bruins have Oklahoma, SDSU (not easy) and pass happy Washington State in succession

Comment

Originally posted by coach View Post
              Hopefully our defense does not give up 30 points at home.
              I agree, but the combination of young talented UCLA players and our first game with new starters on D line, 3 TD's and 3 field goals is reasonable. They will move the ball quickly up field in chunks of 2-3 and 6-8, but no big plays or long TDs. Our O-line will be fine, as the Bearcats grind out the win. I do think the Bearcats will have at least three long plays, minimum 1 each passing and running. The UCLA defense will be weaker than last year with defections, suspensions, and injuries. That UCLA defense could score 30 against many top defenses.
              Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

University of Cincinnati defeats UCLA 34-24.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatjd View Post
                  I think the game is going to be closer than most people think. UC 35 UCLA 31.
                  I don't see a back and forth high scoring game. But I do think this is going to be a struggle. When you beat a team in their house the way we did UCLA last year, they're going to be highly motivated to get revenge.

Comment

Really tough to handicap an opening game. Ucla was a paltry 1 and 4 last year on the road with the sole road win at Cal which is a very short trip. I'll be curious to see how they adjust playing all the way across the country. As much as it's discussed, it's always easier playing at home.

Comment

UC 28 UCLA 24

I'm really hoping to see a solid performance by Ridder. He showed a lot of promise his first year. Would like to see him build on that. A 300 yard game would be awesome.

Comment

I'm cautiously optimistic about this game. I hope for the big win, but thinking this might be closer than last year. I think they will be prepared for our ground game and hold us in check, but we will surprise them with the passing game. Predicting 350 passing yards and 3 touch downs (one being a big play over the top). 30-24 UC with the win!

Comment

EA Sports ran a simulation of the game. In a nutshell, with UC clinging to a 23-19 lead with about 6:00 left, Ridder scored from 20 yards out, set up by three straight screen passes that gained chunk yardage. Final: 30-19. I'd take that.

Comment

Tough one to call. Last year was last year. Still, at this point, the Bruins aren't yet the class of the PAC-12. They'll be better, perhaps much better than they were in 2018.

Both teams were among the four youngest in FBS. That hasn't changed much, except the frosh and sophs have a year under their collective belts.

I suspect that Kelly is going to pick up the pace of the offense, especially early, to try to get the lead before the Cats can establish the ground-and-pound. UC's new D-line will need to be swapped out, as Fickell normally does. But, if UCLA runs a lot of plays, the big uglies can get tired. It will be incumbent upon the Cats to get the Bruins' offense off the field and follow Hank Stram's Superbowl IV advice: "Just keep matriculating the ball down the field, boys."

Final: UC 23, UCLA 21

Comment

UC 35, UCLA 22. I think our offense is too much for their defense to handle. If they put 8 in the box we can kill them with our tight ends sneaking out for big yardage. If they play a normal defense, we will pound them with our massive offensive line and quality running backs. Their offense will get a lot of yards between the 20's but will have to settle for mostly field goals.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X