Bowl Projections for '19-20

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bowl Projections for '19-20

Stewart Mandel and Chris Vannini at the Athletic have taken a stab at the Bowl layout for this year. Vannini has UCF in a NY6 game.

Mandel Has UC vs. Notre Dame in the Cotton Bowl at Jerry World and I absolutely want all of that.

($) https://theathletic.com/1153602/2019...tball-playoff/

Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
    Stewart Mandel and Chris Vannini at the Athletic have taken a stab at the Bowl layout for this year. Vannini has UCF in a NY6 game.

Mandel Has UC vs. Notre Dame in the Cotton Bowl at Jerry World and I absolutely want all of that.

($) https://theathletic.com/1153602/2019...tball-playoff/

I think almost all of us would love to see that, even those of us who do NOT live in Texas

Comment

Right? Tbh I wasn’t really thinking of the short drive when I posted
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by richard k. View Post

i think almost all of us would love to see that, even those of us who do not live in texas
        totally agree!!!

Comment

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...wl-projections

A Uk or Army match up? Interesting as well. Several folks have Ucla in a bowl game.

Comment

Week 6 of the season and Bowl predictions are far from an exact science. I don't like the most recent projections of UCF to Birmingham and UC to the Cure Bowl. I thought American bowl berths were awarded in order of finish/ranking with highest going to Birmingham, 2nd Gasparilla, 3rd Hawaii, 4th Military, 5th Cherry, 6th Cure Bowl, and 7th Frisco. Not sure where the new Fenway Bowl (Boston in December, really?) fits in. Uc is currently projected to the Cure Bowl and that doesn't sit well after we just beat UCF.
            Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post
              Week 6 of the season and Bowl predictions are far from an exact science. I don't like the most recent projections of UCF to Birmingham and UC to the Cure Bowl. I thought American bowl berths were awarded in order of finish/ranking with highest going to Birmingham, 2nd Gasparilla, 3rd Hawaii, 4th Military, 5th Cherry, 6th Cure Bowl, and 7th Frisco. Not sure where the new Fenway Bowl (Boston in December, really?) fits in. Uc is currently projected to the Cure Bowl and that doesn't sit well after we just beat UCF.
              I still am unhappy that the number one finisher is supposed to play in the Birmingham Bowl, like that is some major reward. The Liberty Bowl and Outback Bowl should be in this mix.

B.C.

"A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat Chris View Post

I still am unhappy that the number one finisher is supposed to play in the Birmingham Bowl, like that is some major reward. The Liberty Bowl and Outback Bowl should be in this mix.

B.C.
                I hope the AAC is able to negotiate a better bowl affiliation and TV deal. I don't see either happening in the near future. Consistently putting 2-4 team in the Top 25 is going to help, though getting at least one team into top ten consistently will also help. The AAC needs to own the G5 representation to the other bowls selected by the committee. A G5 school is unlikely to be in the playoff in current format. In order to get into playoff, a G5 school would have to be the only undefeated team having played a tougher out of conference schedule, and the Power 5 can only have 3 teams combined with 1 loss, If there are four P5 schools with one loss, I think all four get in ahead of an undefeated G5 team no matter the out of conference strength of schedule.

Comment

Jerry Palm with the Cure Bowl prediction this morning. Bearcats would face Arkansas St if that turns out to be true. Absolutely shocked he doesn't have us in Birmingham. (sarcasm)

Whole list: https://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...ls/predictions

Game is Dec 21 in Orlando which is better weather than usual
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Mid season prediction from Mandel at the Athletic has us in Hawaii vs. Hawaii. Makes for a nice trip but I never want to deal with Hawaii’s terrible fans ever again.
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat Chris View Post

B.C.
                      I've been saying that for quite some time. I can't understand why FedEx (who sponsors the Liberty Bowl) can't put pressure on to make that our premiere bowl. Beale Street on New Years Eve ranked just behind New Orleans and the French Quarter on New Years Eve.

Comment

We are now predicted to Birmingham with Memphis making New Years Bowl vs Georgia. That means the talking heads think Memphis will win out and host UC in AAC Championship since we are in the top bowl affiliated with AAC. I personally would love to see us play SMU in the AAC championship, likely in Dallas since SMU will be undefeated and our team with that lone loss to O$U. As a fan we get the luxury of looking ahead. We have three chance to stumble before Temple and I know Luke has the team thinking one game at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg7173 View Post

I've been saying that for quite some time. I can't understand why FedEx (who sponsors the Liberty Bowl) can't put pressure on to make that our premiere bowl. Beale Street on New Years Eve ranked just behind New Orleans and the French Quarter on New Years Eve.
                          According to the ESPN predictions, one of the analysts has us in the Liberty Bowl vs. OK St. The other analyst has us in the Boca Raton Bowl vs. Ohio U.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...wl-projections

CBS (Jerry Palm has recognized the error of his ways) has put us in the Birmingham Bowl as mentioned above Vs. Army.

https://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...ls/predictions

FOXSports has pivoted so far to video that I can't find a thing regarding bowl games on their terrible website. Good thing there are video highlights of Gus Johnson calling blocked punts to be had.

The Atheltic doesn't have an a projection article up yet after this weekend's game but I'm sure it's coming.

Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Pat Forde giving us run with a playoff scenario....acrimonious but still awesome. 10 years after we were fractions of a second from going to the national championship game. I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post
                              We are now predicted to Birmingham with Memphis making New Years Bowl vs Georgia. That means the talking heads think Memphis will win out and host UC in AAC Championship since we are in the top bowl affiliated with AAC. I personally would love to see us play SMU in the AAC championship, likely in Dallas since SMU will be undefeated and our team with that lone loss to O$U. As a fan we get the luxury of looking ahead. We have three chance to stumble before Temple and I know Luke has the team thinking one game at a time.
                              I watched the entire Tulane-Memphis game Saturday night. Memphis, IMHO, is really really good. I honestly don't think, in our current state, we could beat them.

B.C.
                              "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X