Desmond Ridder’s Progress

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desmond Ridder’s Progress

Here’s an article from cincinnati.com on the expectations fir Desmond Ridder this year.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...ll/1920026001/

I'm interested to see what the passing game will look like this year. We have a stable of running backs and some really good TEs but I think we're still a little thin talent wise at WR. I hope that doesn't hold Ridder back.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Should Blue Smith's waiver be approved, it would upgrade the WR position immensely. And we have an incredibly gifted and deep group of TE's. I am cautiously optimistic.

Comment

I am excited to see Geddis and Medaris play more this season. I am hopeful that Garyn Prater is able to contribute, especially in goal line situations - that height is a huge advantage. If the O-line can protect Desmond and the defense puts 8 men in the box against the run, this could be a potent offense. I think we will see a lot of 8 man fronts, with a safety or CB sneaking in to either stop the run or blitz the play action. Everyone knows we will have a stellar running game with several options. I'd like to see us spread the field on obvious running downs (2nd/3rd and short) then respond to the defense. Desmond has the poise and confidence to run a pro style passing attach, but I think we will see several two back sets with 2 TE's.
        Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

IF Blue Smith is eligible immediately, when we have goal line situations, I think you can put in 2 TE, with Prater and Smith on the outside and Warren or Thomas in the backfield. The height advantage alone would be intimidating going 6-5, 6-5, 6-6, 6-6 and just play jump ball.

I think you will see Taylor or Whyle playing some slot receiver to get the mismatch on the LB trying to cover them. This will open it up as the Safety will have to watch for when the LB gets burned by our TEs, leaving the wide out to go one on one.

Comment

Blue Smith is eligible as of this morning.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Wow! That is great news. We need all the receivers we can get!

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X