No announcement yet.

Polls 2019

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CFP initial ranking: UC #20, Memphis #21, Navy #24, SMU #25. Also, Boise St #23.

OH St #1, LSU #2, AL #3, Penn St #4, Clemson #5

Comment

AP writers and the coaches must be in cahoots. Here are the latest (identical) rankings of G5 teams in contention for NY6 bowl:

UC 17
      Memphis 18
      Boise State 19
      SMU 20
      Navy 21

Comment

2nd CFP rankings:

UC -17
        Memphis - 18
        Boise St - 21
        Navy -23
        App St - 25

Comment

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post
          2nd CFP rankings:

UC -17
          Memphis - 18
          Boise St - 21
          Navy -23
          App St - 25
          As tempting as it is to try and find a cheap flight to Tampa to escape a little cold, I think I am refocusing my away game to Memphis this year. They are a really good team and I am excited to see how the teams match up on the field.
          Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

After a close call we do not move in the polls at #17. Other "G5" bowl contenders.

Memphis at 18

Boise St at 19/20

Smu #21

App St at 23/22

San Diego St. NR/25
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Something super important happened in the CFP rankings. We're not the highest G5 team in the rankings anymore. We dropped two spots and Memphis passed us by a spot.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...9/seasontype/2
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                Something super important happened in the CFP rankings. We're not the highest G5 team in the rankings anymore. We dropped two spots and Memphis passed us by a spot.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...9/seasontype/2
                I am kind of surprised this didn't happen sooner. As much as I love our Cats, we haven't passed the "eye test" in a month. Obviously, there is more that goes into the determination, but we have looked awfully shaky for awhile though.

Comment

In the words of Al Davis, "Just win, baby!" If the Cats win all three remaining games (including the AAC championship), the ranking will take care of itself. Lose any of them and it wouldn't matter anyway, because UC would be out of the NY6 picture.

Comment

Honestly, the way we have been playing, I would rather UC be in the Liberty Bowl playing somebody like Pitt, versus being in the Cotton Bowl, playing somebody like Baylor.

B.C.

"A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat Chris View Post
                      Honestly, the way we have been playing, I would rather UC be in the Liberty Bowl playing somebody like Pitt, versus being in the Cotton Bowl, playing somebody like Baylor.

B.C.
                      If were in the Cotton Bowl it means we would have beaten Temple, Memphis and won the championship game so I would say bring on Baylor!

Comment

It's really irrelevant at this point as it will fix itself one way or the other.

Comment

Here's Mike Aresco yelling at the CFP committee.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ayoff-rankings
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat Chris View Post

B.C.
                            Under Luke Fickell this program has always found the way to rise to the occasion. It is AAC champions and Cotton Bowl or the season is a bust. For those who say we lost to Ohio State and didn't rise to the occasion I say OSU is the best team I've seen this year, and you wont win them all.

Comment

Looking at last nights results, I expect us to get jumped in polls and the CFP rankings by Boise St on Tuesday.

Boise St. played on the road at Utah St and clobbered them. They close the season at Colorado St on Friday and then play Hawaii on Dec. 7 in the Mountain West Championship Game which is at Boise St. Boise St previously defeated Hawaii this season 59-37 and that game was also in Boise. If the Broncos lose either of those game, they are effectively out of the Cotton Bowl picture.

If UC wins out and Boise St loses one or more, the only Cotton Bowl contender to worry about would be Appalachian St. who has to Two P5 wins but a loss to Georgia St.
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

And I was wrongggg. Boise St did not jump us. We dropped 1 spot in the Coaches poll to #18 and traded places with Memphis. Still holding at #17 in the AP . CFP comes out tonight.
                                Brent Wyrick
                                92 Final Four Front Row
                                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X