Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• swilsonsp4
    replied
    In the words of Al Davis, "Just win, baby!" If the Cats win all three remaining games (including the AAC championship), the ranking will take care of itself. Lose any of them and it wouldn't matter anyway, because UC would be out of the NY6 picture.

Leave a comment:

• UC4me
    replied
    Originally posted by Lobot View Post
    Something super important happened in the CFP rankings. We're not the highest G5 team in the rankings anymore. We dropped two spots and Memphis passed us by a spot.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...9/seasontype/2
    I am kind of surprised this didn't happen sooner. As much as I love our Cats, we haven't passed the "eye test" in a month. Obviously, there is more that goes into the determination, but we have looked awfully shaky for awhile though.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Something super important happened in the CFP rankings. We're not the highest G5 team in the rankings anymore. We dropped two spots and Memphis passed us by a spot.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...9/seasontype/2

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    After a close call we do not move in the polls at #17. Other "G5" bowl contenders.

Memphis at 18

Boise St at 19/20

Smu #21

App St at 23/22

San Diego St. NR/25

Leave a comment:

• red_n_black_attack
    replied
    Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post
    2nd CFP rankings:

UC -17
    Memphis - 18
    Boise St - 21
    Navy -23
    App St - 25
    As tempting as it is to try and find a cheap flight to Tampa to escape a little cold, I think I am refocusing my away game to Memphis this year. They are a really good team and I am excited to see how the teams match up on the field.

Leave a comment:

• swilsonsp4
    replied
    2nd CFP rankings:

UC -17
    Memphis - 18
    Boise St - 21
    Navy -23
    App St - 25

Leave a comment:

• swilsonsp4
    replied
    AP writers and the coaches must be in cahoots. Here are the latest (identical) rankings of G5 teams in contention for NY6 bowl:

UC 17
    Memphis 18
    Boise State 19
    SMU 20
    Navy 21

Leave a comment:

• swilsonsp4
    replied
    CFP initial ranking: UC #20, Memphis #21, Navy #24, SMU #25. Also, Boise St #23.

OH St #1, LSU #2, AL #3, Penn St #4, Clemson #5

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    It's Tuesday in November. That means it's CFP rankings night. Show should be on ESPN at 8:00. I don't expect us to be in the Top 16 but we always could be.

One other thing I noticed is that outside of the loss to OSU, we have not played any other team in the Top 25 polls and won't until Memphis in the final week of the season unless UCF moves into the poll. We can only play SMU and Navy in the AAC Championship game.

Leave a comment:

• Chewbacca2099
    replied
    With Navy and Memphis having bye week's and SMU/UC playing easier opponents... we could have 5 teams in the top 25 next week if UCF moves up.

Leave a comment:

• swilsonsp4
    replied
    Other G5 contenders (all identical in both):

Memphis #19
    Boise St #21
    SMU #23
    Navy #25 (enter both polls for the first time. The Midshpmen now lead the AAC West at 5-1.

Also, UCF now #26 AP/#29 coaches
    App St #32/#28 (no longer really contenders)

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    AP is also #17 . We are the highest ranked “G5” team in both polls

Leave a comment:

• coach
    replied
    Originally posted by Lobot View Post
    Nov 3.

Moved up a slot in the coaches poll to 17. 4 AAC teams in the poll this week with Navy entering at 25.

https://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaa...-coaches-poll/

AP comes out at 2:00ET
    That's a beautiful thing to see, 4 in top 25.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Nov 3.

Moved up a slot in the coaches poll to 17. 4 AAC teams in the poll this week with Navy entering at 25.

https://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaa...-coaches-poll/

AP comes out at 2:00ET

Leave a comment:

• swilsonsp4
    replied
    App State can forget about being the G5 representatives to a NY6 game. GA Southern took them out, 24-21, last night in Boone, NC. They fell behind, 24-7, heading to the fourth quarter and put on a mad rush to close, but couldn't finish. It was cold and extremely windy. One GSU FG attempt made an abrupt right turn over the end zone and sailed wide.

Leave a comment:

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X