Media Day 2019

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Media Day 2019

AAC clambake is July 15-16 in Newport RI. Fairly certain this is the last go around for the clambake since the league is moving to Dallas the following year.

I honestly have no idea who’s doing the catering for BBQ but you know I’m going to find out eventually.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Looks like the MC for the event is Uncle Verne himself.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
      Looks like the MC for the event is Uncle Verne himself.
      Who is Uncle Verne?
      Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Verne Lundquist
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Here's the schdule for Media Day. Starts tonight at 7:00. There's a link to a live stream on there. Fickell speaks tomorrow at 11:30am

http://theamerican.org/tournaments/?id=218
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Bowl line up announced through 2025 :

https://fbschedules.com/american-ath...-through-2025/
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

The predictions from the Clambake are out, but the AP dropped in a game of "Where's Waldo", aka why UC fans can be paranoid sometimes. Play along in Ralph D. Russo's story - https://apnews.com/cc10f6a22b6b4471893526cf19097848

Comment

Lol, Ralphy seems like a great writer. Sure to win the Pulitzer some day.

Comment

hahahahaha...that guy needs to seek his life's work. You had one job!

Comment

Good Synopsis of Media day from Justin Wiliams at the Athletic: Something I was unaware of was Bohn writing a letter to Aresco about the production cost assignments of ESPN+ broadcast. ($)

https://theathletic.com/1081183/2019...solved-for-uc/
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                      Bowl line up announced through 2025 :

https://fbschedules.com/american-ath...-through-2025/
                      Been chewing on this for a while and had to say something. IMHO our bowl line up sucks! AAC has to do something to give our players and fans a better post season experience. Other than the Sugar Bowl, my next favorite was the Liberty Bowl. New Years Eve in Memphis and Beale Street. It seems to me like FedEx CEO could exert some pressure to get this bowl shifted over. One major league addition like this could shift perceptions and really put AAC on the way to a true "Power 6".

Comment

I've been mulling this, too, and it probably needs more discussion.

First, it would be nice for FedEx to slot us in, but the bowls need to make money. Last year they had two P5 schools from close proximity (Missouri v OK State) so it's difficult to argue with that. But they have had AAC teams in the past, so I think if the conference earns it we could be there.

But I looked at the other bowls, and I matched the dates they played on last year, plus the "Power" of the potential opponent.. That's what we should feel free to discuss until the team reports to summer camp.
                        Annual Bowls (3) Power
                        Military Bowl - vs. ACC - Annapolis MD 12/31/2018 Monday 5
                        Boston Bowl (official name TBA) - vs. ACC - Boston MA Date? 5
                        Alternating years:
                        Year A. Armed Forces Bowl (vs. Big 12) Fort Worth TX 12/22/2018 Saturday 5
                        Year B. SoFi Hawaii Bowl (vs. Mountain West) - Honolulu HA 12/22/2018 Saturday 6
                        Four Selections Annually Power
                        AutoNation Cure Bowl - vs. Sun Belt* - Orlando FL 12/15/2018 Saturday 6
                        New Mexico Bowl - vs. C-USA or Mountain West* - Albuquerque, NM 12/15/2018 Saturday 6
                        Cheribundi Boca Raton Bowl - vs. C-USA or MAC* - Boca Raton FL 12/18/2018 Tuesday 6
                        Frisco Bowl - vs. C-USA, MAC or Mountain West* - Frisco TX 12/19/2018 Wednesday 6
                        Bad Boy Mowers Gasparilla Bowl - vs. ACC or SEC - Tampa FL 12/20/2018 Thursday 5
                        Birmingham Bowl - vs. SEC - Birmingham AL 12/22/2018 Saturday 5
                        SERVPRO First Responder Bowl - vs. ACC or Big 12 - Dallas TX 12/26/2018 Wednesday 5
                        Myrtle Beach Bowl - vs. MAC or Sun Belt - Conway, SC - TBD 6

My general comments - The Military Bowl has been fun; wait and see on Boston (the date is important, but it's vs. a P5); I'll never want to travel as far as Hawaii for a game, especially around the holidays. But Fort Worth before Christmas is fun.

On the four of 8, any of the Saturdays are okay. A no-never on a bowl game the day after Christmas. The MB bowl is still date-TBD; I'm assuming since Myrtle Beach doesn't have a football stadium above the high school level that this will be played next door in Conway at Coastal Carolina's new stadium.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X