Clear All

LA Times reporters are unhappy. ($)

https://www.latimes.com/sports/ucla/...-to-cincinnati

https://www.latimes.com/sports/ucla/...s-with-whimper
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

The atmosphere was really good last night, I've never heard the students louder than they were. I got there late so I missed the tailgate. Did anybody go to 5/3 before the game, what was that like?

We left a lot of points on the field and blew a couple of plays. So, a lot of first week mistakes, but playing our best this may have been more like a 38-7 game; it certainly felt that way.

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
        The atmosphere was really good last night, I've never heard the students louder than they were. I got there late so I missed the tailgate. Did anybody go to 5/3 before the game, what was that like?

We left a lot of points on the field and blew a couple of plays. So, a lot of first week mistakes, but playing our best this may have been more like a 38-7 game; it certainly felt that way.
        Stopped in @ 5/3rd for a few minutes before the game. They had standard national beers on tap and the bar was open for mixed drinks. Saw Bohn but didn't get to talk with him. I wanted to thank him for getting the tickets to bring extra students to the game (student section was the best I've ever seen in the Nip). Better food and (brew) drinks inside the stadium.

5/3rd would be a good place to go before the game if weather is bad or to watch games on the big screen before ours starts. Last night they had on the tennis tournament which I don't appreciate much.

Comment

Dominance on the line on both sides of the ball. They really showed their talent depth in this game. Javon Hicks recovered from the blown play in the first half to really have a great game. So glad to get this win and move onto the next game. UC didn't play the best and we still dominated UCLA. Not sure where they go from here, but UCLA has some work to do! UC needs to figure out how to run an offense inside the 40 yard line. We got stuck in the mud there a few times last night.

Great atmosphere, good time. Parking was a joke, but I think the kids didn't know they had to remove their cars from the lots. Saw a ton of cars getting towed out of the garages. Additionally, some pass holders didn't get to park in their garages. Miami game, I'll have to check out the new tailgate areas since I had to work till 5 yesterday. Can't wait for next week though.

Go Cats!

Comment

I believe they announced the attendance at over 38k last night. The student section was rocking it all night and stayed until the end. Also, I like the new value menu that they rolled out. I waited in line for about 10 minutes but was able to get 5 hot dogs, 3 pretzels, and a box of popcorn for 17 bux.

Comment

I'd love to hear from some of UCLA's players about Nippert. I have this suspicion that their O Line couldn't hear anything last night. They were late off the ball a number of times in highlights I've looked at.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by ACAirborne View Post
                I believe they announced the attendance at over 38k last night. The student section was rocking it all night and stayed until the end. Also, I like the new value menu that they rolled out. I waited in line for about 10 minutes but was able to get 5 hot dogs, 3 pretzels, and a box of popcorn for 17 bux.
                hungry were ya

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                  I'd love to hear from some of UCLA's players about Nippert. I have this suspicion that their O Line couldn't hear anything last night. They were late off the ball a number of times in highlights I've looked at.
                  Fickell said in the post game interview that Kelly was especially complimentary of the crowd, stadium and environment. I'll be surprised, unless they revive their offense in very short order, if he sticks with all the offensive line shifting. The qb has enough issues protecting the ball to worry about all those audibles and guys moving around. It looks nifty the first time you see it, but at the end of the day it's a lot more work than it appears to net. It can't help the big offensive linemen and their stamina I think they look more confused than the defense.

I do get a kick though out of reading some of the Ucla articles and talk about being young and missing key guys etc. They do realize we are in the same boat. LOL

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X