Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• swilsonsp4
    replied
    Here are a couple pieces describing the RB and WR personnel that the Bruins will employ this year:

https://dailybruin.com/2019/08/02/20...-in-backfield/

https://dailybruin.com/2019/08/06/20...zed-newcomers/

Leave a comment:

• red_n_black_attack
    replied
    Originally posted by Gilenerm View Post

Sorry, I can be cynical. They could replicate what we did last year with the turn around. If they go 11-2, then this guy is going to look like a genius. I just hope one of their 2 loses is to UC!!
    Agreed. They play UC, Sand Diego St, and Oklahoma in non-conference, then the 9 other conference games. This UckLa team will not go 11-2. While the Pac-12 is not loaded, there are 3-4 top tier teams that will smoke UckLa in addition to the 3 non-conference losses.

Leave a comment:

• Gilenerm
    replied
    Originally posted by Lobot View Post

I guess I got more out of it than you did. I was more focusing on the roster breakdown when I wrote the post above. But you are correct, no negatives other than a cursory bashing of the last staff's recruiting.
    Sorry, I can be cynical. They could replicate what we did last year with the turn around. If they go 11-2, then this guy is going to look like a genius. I just hope one of their 2 loses is to UC!!

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Traveling from the West Coast to Eastern time is usally a recipe for failure at all levels of football.

Leave a comment:

• coach
    replied
    The game is played on the field and not the internet. A big factor for Uc's favor in my humble opinion is they do not have to to travel across country. It's not as bad as doing it during the season as i suspect they will get here earlier, but last time i recall a team doing it was Oregon St. and we beat them. Trust in Fickell!

Leave a comment:

• Bearcat Chris
    replied
    UCLA lost a lot of players in the portal, including a five star, but they will be much better than last year. Looks how UC went 4-8 to 11-2 in CLF's second year.

That will be a tough game, and I guarantee UCLA will not let UC provide AAC refs, but demand neutral refs, like we should demand when we play at O$U the next week.

B.C.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Originally posted by Gilenerm View Post
    So, I read the Athletic piece and it sounded like a total fluff story. I didn't see one criticism or weak area pointed out, only high points. To read Feldman's article, you would have to assume that UCLA is going to win every game by 100 points and go undefeated. I would have expected to see something more objective, but maybe my expectations are too high. OR, maybe UCLA is going to beat everyone by 100 points and we should be really worried about getting blown out at home.
    I guess I got more out of it than you did. I was more focusing on the roster breakdown when I wrote the post above. But you are correct, no negatives other than a cursory bashing of the last staff's recruiting.

Leave a comment:

• Gilenerm
    replied
    So, I read the Athletic piece and it sounded like a total fluff story. I didn't see one criticism or weak area pointed out, only high points. To read Feldman's article, you would have to assume that UCLA is going to win every game by 100 points and go undefeated. I would have expected to see something more objective, but maybe my expectations are too high. OR, maybe UCLA is going to beat everyone by 100 points and we should be really worried about getting blown out at home.

Leave a comment:

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X