L'Christian "Blue" Smith transfer WR commit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L'Christian "Blue" Smith transfer WR commit

If this name seems familiar, it should. We recruited him heavily out of HS only to have him head north to OSU. He went into the transfer portal after last season and is expected to choose between UC and UK very shortly . Not sure if there's any familiarity with Fickell as the previous staff was the one in contact with him for UC. They may know each other from the recruiting process at OSU however.
    Last edited by Lobot; 05-16-2019, 09:20 AM.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

I should probably add that Smith was also a highly recruited SF in basketball. I think that’s something that might tilt things in our favor. He may be to get on the court in hoops here.
    Last edited by Lobot; 05-15-2019, 03:06 PM.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

There's an instagram account out there with a commitment graphic on it that went up last night. It apparently is his account but I can't verify that for sure. The official GoBearcats accounts have nothing posted that verifies this so far.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Apparently this is the real deal and he's committed. Would have to sit 1 without a waiver.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I wonder if he could play bball next year since he only played fball at osu? lol

Comment

Former 4 star recruit, did not see the field last year & his position coach left OSU.

"Smith plans to remain enrolled at Ohio State through April 28, and will then depart. the 6-foot-4, 220-pound receiver has seen the position coach and head coach that recruited him depart the school. The WR did not make it onto the field in 2018, and is now fighting for playing time with the likes of veterans K.J. Hill, Austin Mack, Binjimen Victor, in addition to younger talent like Chris Olave, Jaylen Harris, and Garrett Wilson.

The Huber Heights alum was the fourth best player out of Ohio in the 2018 cycle, so it is likely that there will be ample interest in him from other schools in need of a playmaker. Wherever he ends up, we wish Blue the best."

https://www.landgrantholyland.com/20...ceiver-leaving

Comment

This is awesome news. I remember thinking that this was the kind of kid that could really spread things out for our offense. He and Prater were together at O$U. I wonder if that had anything to do with his decision. Glad he's here!!

Comment

From the 2018 Recruiting forum:

Blue Smith will be choosing between OSU, UC, and UK on Aug 27

Ultimately chose O$U, but we were in there. If only he had chose us first... Someday these star recruits will learn to just go ahead and choose UC from the start. Lol!

Comment

Brendel was on the Bearcat Fans Podcast that was dropped today and he brought up something that made me giddy inside... Imagine a red zone lineup of Prater (6'6") and Smith (6'5") wide and Whyle (6'6") and Taylor (6'5") at TE. Now how does a defense defend that height? No way they could! You would have to worry about the height as well as the running game that we have. Most teams in our conference would not be able to put personnel on the field to stop us.

Comment

Immediately eligible. This is gigantic for the WR corps.
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

A huge gain for UC. Biggest/tallest receiving corps, probably in the whole country!

B.C.
                      "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

($)

https://theathletic.com/1124752/2019...smiths-waiver/
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...