No announcement yet.

James Hudson's waiver denied

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think they had two weeks to reply but I don't know if there's a deadline for them to actually decide.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

So Jim Harbaugh at Big 10 media day says that every player should be allowed one free transfer without having to sit. Either Harbaugh had nothing to do with Hudson's issue and it's someone else in the dept that caused this or Jim is talking out of both sides of his mouth and is a complete hypocrite.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Apparently on ESPN radio a few minutes ago, Harbaugh has effectively called James Hudson a liar. This should be interesting
        Last edited by Lobot; 07-20-2019, 04:16 PM.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

This situation has spiraled out of control and national media is now picking up on Harbaugh's comments.

In reviewing the comments, Harbaugh does not specifically call Hudson anything but most people are assuming Harbuagh is speaking about Hudson here. He's not. He's speaking in response to a question about Oliver Martin who is in a similar situation to James Hudson transferring out of Michigan. He was specifically asked about Hudson later in a breakout session at the B1G media day and stated that he is not in control of that and that the compliance department handles transfers. That said, UM is still obstructing Hudson's eligibility for no good reason that I can find.

This is the ESPN article on this interview and contains the entire quote. He was asked later in the breakout session at BIG 10 media days specifically about James Hudson. I'm looking for a transcript of that.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...th-use-waivers

To be crystal clear, James Hudson is not lying.

Regardless of who he was speaking on, Harbaugh comes out looking like an *** in this because he's blowing off mental health as a real issue. Between this and some of his other comments today and stunts in the past, one would think the UM would realize he's bad for their brand and remove him or at least suspend him and give him time to close his mouth.

Last edited by Lobot; 07-20-2019, 04:26 PM.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Hudson's mother did an interview with WTOL in Toledo last night on this.

https://twitter.com/JordanStrack/sta...99964540145664
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

One would think UM would want UC as good as possible to play/beat their rival.
              Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

One would think but Jim doesn't seem to do that very thing before he opens his mouth
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Harbaugh is an odd bird.

Comment

Trying to confirm this but it appears that James' waiver got denied on appeal as well.
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Hudson has now confirmed that the appeal was denied. If I take my Bearcat colored glasses off for a sec, this is still a ridiculous decision. I hope Hudson sues the NCAA.
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

For those that happened to catch Mo Egger’s Preseason Football interview with Chad Brendel on Wednesday, you pretty much knew the appeal would be denied. Brendel revealed that no one from the Michigan athletic department had signed (acknowledged) Hudson’s waiver. He never had a chance.

Comment

I read something about that a while back. Changed my mind, sue the UM Athletic dept.
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                            I read something about that a while back. Changed my mind, sue the UM Athletic dept.
                            Has a player ever successfully sued either a school or NCAA over this?? I'm all for it but I don't like seeing players flush money down the toilet either.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg7173 View Post

Has a player ever successfully sued either a school or NCAA over this?? I'm all for it but I don't like seeing players flush money down the toilet either.
                              I'm not sure about suing the school but people have definitely sued the NCAA and won. They were all using one specific attorney, Tom Mars. Mars was hired by NCAA enforcement last month probably because the NCAA got tired of losing to him in court.
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

In light of this decision I would be really upset if Tennessee receives a favourable ruling from the NCAA on Aubrey Solomon - another Michigan transfer.

Yikes - I just saw Eyabi Anoma is transferring to the University of Houston - this guy will become a DEVASTATING pass rusher and wreak havoc on QBs - this will be a guy you have to game plan for.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X