James Hudson's waiver denied

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Hudson's waiver denied

James Hudson's waiver to play immediately was denied by the NCAA today.

In his statement here : https://twitter.com/__BallisLife2/st...22012030619648 , James basically said that the NCAA decided to deny his waiver because he did not discuss his mental health issue that led him to leave UM, with Michigan before he transferred, and according to NCAA's timetable.

In an era where mental health is becoming more and more important in college athletics, this totally flies in the face of athlete welfare. I'm not playing therefore I'm legitimately clinically depressed and want to transfer is not an invitation to the NCAA to say sorry about your depression but you're too slow and we're going to make you more depressed for a while.

This is the same orgranization that randomly gave Justin Fields a rubber stamped waiver to play at OSU because he was buried on the depth chart at UGA and just plain wanted to leave. He should have had to sit one as no hardship existed there.

I've tweeted at the NCAA asking for where the abritary time table to discuss mental health issues is located in the NCAA bylaws. I bet it doesn't exist but I doubt they'll answer me.

I also want to be clear on something. This would be a stupid trash decision on the NCAA's part even if James Hudson did not play for UC. It harms the student athlete.

#FreeJamesHudson

Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

UC and James Hudson will appeal the decision.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

This appears to be getting quite a bit of attention. Thank the twitter folks.

Comment

He would be a huge, impact player next year...... if denied, how many years left in eligibility?

B.C.

"A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

He’ll have 2 years left if the denial stands. He redshirted 2017 and played in only 3 games in 2018. Under the current rules he would have been eligible for a redshirt in 2018 as well I believe. Didn’t play enough games.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Fickell and the University said that they are appealing this to the NCAA yesterday. I think this will be looked at a little closer this time and I wouldn't be surprised if they reversed their decision. The attention that this has gotten and the growing awareness of mental health in sports makes this a PR move for them to reverse it and allow him to play.

Comment

They're handling these transfer applications like they are a bad third world country.

Comment

Athletic article on the situation $

https://theathletic.com/981758/2019/...e-on-the-ncaa/
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Has anyone heard any updates on this? I have looked and can't find much.

Comment

They appealed and so far nothing in response.
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I hope I'm wrong, but I bet it gets denied again. We aren't a P5 school so they don't care!

Comment

I think what they filed is the second step short of the third step which is called the appeal. maybe added information, etc. first. I think if it gets turn down then they can file an appeal.

Comment

Luke Ford , one of the other players with a similar situation with the NCAA, had his appeal denied today.
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

This probably doesn't help James Hudson's situation but it might stop some of the other BS going on with transfers.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ty/1569260001/
                            Last edited by Lobot; 06-26-2019, 11:03 AM.
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I thought they only had 2 weeks to reply to our appeal? How long do they have until they have to let us know if it’s denied?

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X